Clinic Lead Psychiatrist - Adult
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital is the premier hospital in the northern metropolitan communities of the Twin Cities. It is located on two campuses: one in Coon Rapids, and one in Fridley. Together, these facilities offer nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including cancer care, heart and vascular services, emergency and trauma care, surgical services and da Vinci® System, The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children’s Minnesota, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, the Joint Replacement Center and women’s and children’s services. In 2016, Mercy Hospital was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics. With 3,500+ employees, 830+ affiliated physicians and 420 staffed beds, Mercy Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 270,000 patients each year.
- The lead psychiatrist, in partnership with the operations manager, will identify strategic priorities, develop and implement care models, and ensure quality of care delivered.
- Responsible for overseeing all clinical activities and personnel management related to physician performance and citizenship.
- Champion a team-based model of care, including close collaboration with primary care partners and other team members including RNs, Clinical Assistants, Mental Health Consultants, care coordinators and social workers
- This position will be split 0.2 FTE leadership (8 hours/week) and 0.8 FTE (28 hours/week) of direct patient care.
- This position requires a Medical Doctorate degree (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine.
- Completion of a psychiatry residency
- Must have current, unrestricted Minnesota State Medical Licensure
- Board Certified in Psychiatry within 2 years of hire