ServiceNow, The Enterprise Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprises to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
ServiceNow is seeking a Client Technical Advisor (CTA ) as part of the ServiceNow Customer Success organizationto provide strategic, technical guidance for our customers located in the west coast. This role will be field-based. The purpose of this role is to advise our most strategic customers on the technical requirements needed to maximize business value, ensure upgrade readiness and scale for future business needs. This role will work within the Customer Success organization, in support of the AMS, to assist our customers, partners and services teams in the definition, implementation and maintenance of an optimum end-to-end technical experience for our Customers. CTA’s will be trusted, fully certified ServiceNow technical strategic advisors with superlative expertise and experience in ServiceNow platform, application and integration concepts.
The role includes strategic guidance for tactical and strategic technical initiatives to include: architecture, data model, platform capabilities, performance, scale, upgrade planning, integrations, technical governance and best practices.
The ideal candidate will have significant experiencecollaborating with senior IT technical leadership. They will successfully demonstrate the ability to translate business strategy/objectives into technical requirements for ServiceNow technology in the context of the client’s environment.
A high energy candidate with strong technical aptitude and experience, consulting soft skills and client interaction expertise looking to elevate their career path should apply.
- Superb problem-solving skills and logical thinking ability
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation skills
- Experience in a PreSales and/or Professional Services environment
- Ability to both configure and demonstrate solutions in the ServiceNow platform
- Experience designing and implementing client facing solutions leveraging involving enterprise software
- Experience implementing and integrating enterprise software applications
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC, REST, SCP, FTPS
- Is self-motivated / self-directed – capable of multi-tasking and accepting change both in tasks and schedule
- Ability to handle and overcome objections in both a pre-sales and engagement delivery context
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- Ability to learntechnology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Define, at an architectural and design level of detail, technical guidance aligned with our client’s business problems / needs
- Communicate complex technical advice to clients
- Maintain expert knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
- Maintain current knowledge via internal webinars, case study, training, Wiki and all other resources available
- Answer ServiceNow Community questions
- Perform research into technology partner or other vendor solutions in context of client requirements for integration
- Communicate Reference Technical Architecture based on Customer Journey’s, Product Capability and Process Implementation Roadmaps aligning to desired Business outcomes
- Provide thought leadership on and ensure that customers are aligned to ServiceNow Best Practices
- Demonstrate product and technical leadership in support of ServiceNow customers and partners
- Assist delivery teams with resolving critical path technical issues and challenges
- Provide guidance on Customer’s ServiceNow Development lifecycle
- Collaborate with ServiceNow Partners, Product, Sales, Operations & Professional Services for recommendations, points of view and documentation as needed
- Articulate ServiceNow’s position on value, outcomes and KPI tracking
Key Guidance Activities
- Technical Governance
- Technical Strategy
- Integration Strategy
- User Experience
- Portal and UI
- Instance Health
- Data Model
- Technical Roadmap Design and Maintenance
- Upgrade Planning
- Innovation Opportunities
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field preferred but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience
- ServiceNow Training and Certifications:
- Required: ServiceNow System Administrator and Scripting
- Desired: ServiceNow Advanced System Administrator, ServiceNow Application Developer, ServiceNow Implementation Specialist, and ServiceNow Technical Best Practice Practitioner
- A minimum of 10 years in a similar client facing or appropriately relevant role
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.