Client Team Leader responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the full lifecycle relationship for the market’s client(s) and for selling all DEA services, regardless of internal or business unit structure.
- Develops significant new business, leads client teams and participates on other client teams, leads cross-business unit selling, assesses client technology trends, and performs client sales forecasting.
- Manages the overall client experience and responsible for building, maintaining, and deepening the client relationships, including delivery of the DEA Difference.
- Monitors project manager performance on their client’s projects.
- Conducts client experience surveys (if not the PM on the project).
- Additionally responsible for coaching project managers on client expectations and providing feedback on project manager and delivery team performance, including removing underperforming project managers or staff.
- Engages in project recovery and supports collections as needed.
- Client Team Leaders determine pursuit staffing and pursuit and project teaming partners, and make go/ no-go decisions.
- Ultimately, the Client Team Leader is responsible for client profitability, favorable contract terms, revenue forecasting, and the client sales result.
Project Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as a pursuit champion and project manager as appropriate for Land Development projects.
- Ensure excellence in project execution for on-time, on-budget deliverables of quality that meet or exceed the industry’s standard of care.
- Provide design leadership and guidance to project teams and staff. Review engineering documents and deliverables for compliance with contractual requirements as part of DEA’s Quality Management requirements.
- Working with the Group Leader to ensure office resources are available to complete existing project work as well as work committed to in proposals.
- Attracting, developing, and retaining key talent; set expectations and manage performance.
- Partner with appropriate Business Unit staff to support employee development and career growth opportunities for project delivery staff.
- Working with the Group Leader to ensure the office meets Business Unit metrics and DEA’s stated key results including, but not limited to, sales, backlog, growth, utilization, accounts receivable, employee satisfaction, team satisfaction, client satisfaction, profit, at-work revenue factor, operating income, and days sales outstanding.
- Adhere to firmwide tools, processes, and policies including project accounting (set up, budgeting, etc.), contracting, and quality requirements.
- Minimum 15 years of land development experience with at least 10 years of project management and business development experience with an emphasis in private land development projects and clients
- Track record of recent notable project wins and negotiations that achieve profitable returns in the Southern California market
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in California preferred
- Active Industry BD Association Membership(s) desired