About Blackhawk Network:
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAWK) is a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions. Blackhawk platforms and solutions enable the management of stored value products, promotions and rewards programs in retail, ecommerce, financial services and mobile wallets. Blackhawk’s Hawk Commerce division offers technology solutions to businesses and direct to consumers. The Hawk Incentives division offers enterprise, SMB and reseller partners an array of platforms and branded value products to incent and reward consumers, employees and sales channels. Headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif., Blackhawk operates in 26 countries. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com, hawkcommerce.com, hawkincentives.com or our product websites GiftCards.com, giftcardmall.com, GiftCardLab.comand OmniCard.com.
CashStar (part of the Blackhawk Network) is changing the world of gifting by making it possible to send a personalized eGift Card from any device, anywhere, anytime, with the best experience possible. More than 400 brands partner with us including Uber, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Apple, Delta, Best Buy, and The Home Depot. That makes CashStar the preferreddigital gifting and incentives partner for retailers nationwide.
Why work with us?
- We’re a fun-loving and highly collaborative team located in downtown Portland, Maine.
- We believe in moving quickly, failing fast, and adapting to change.
- We value teamwork, learning from failure and innovation.
Why we’d want to work with you?
- You thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- You’re a self-starter with high energy and a “sense of urgency”.
- You’re positive thinking, solution focused and find opportunities instead of problems.
- You have solid technical skills, but you’re always striving to improve.
- Work with Technical Account Managers and Project Managers using Agile methodologies to integrate new clients on to our suite of web-based digital gifting products. This will involve hands on development in both the front and back ends as well as recommending best practices based on the structure of our platforms.
- Assist with migration of existing clients to modern versions of our applications.
- Support clients and end users with varying levels of technical skill in understanding our systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and help fix issues generated from internal QA and clients in all areas of a modern technology stack.
- Collaborate with and Core Software Engineering teams to recommend product enhancements based on client requests and feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in software development
- HTML and a solid understanding of the DOM
- CSS and experience with CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Proficiencyworking with software version control systems such as Git or Mercurial
- Familiarity with shell concepts and scripting
- Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite and / or Sketch
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and written
- A desire to learn across the entire technology stack
- The ability to self-manage, identify project priorities and context switch as needed
- Django / Python
- Accessibility concepts and their application to the web
- Graphic Design, User Interface and User Experience principles
- Customer service skills or experienceworking with clients
- Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Open source contributions
- Payments, eCommerce or financial services experience