GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Directs and coordinates client service activities in conjunction with Operations, Strategic Account Executives, IT and other functional areas ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction. Coordinates, manages and facilitating tasks and projects as defined by internal and external clients. These objectives are achieved by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
SUPERVISOR – SVP, Client Services
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Plan and implement new and current customer initiatives. Establish department policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective ongoing client services operations and support.
- Act as central point of contact and client services liaison for the Client Services department and its related activities and areas of support. Ensure effective communication occurs within Parallon and between Parallon and customers/clients.
- Oversee the establishment of reporting and compliance with contract requirements. Assist in monitoring programming and interface development, reviewing test results and verifying interfaces.
- Make certain that Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), are established, maintained and reported upon as required. Identify performance trends, risks associated with future client business and opportunities for expanded services.
- Advocate for the client. This includes coordinating scheduled communication with client contacts, maintaining and reviewing the Electronic Client Folder (ECF), and preparing and distributing meeting minutes and requested/requiredreports.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond to requests for service and assistance. This may require extracting, synthesizing, and analyzing system data.
- Analyze and resolve escalated customer and/or technical issues/problems in a timely and effective manner. May act as an individual contributor or knowledge expert for the more complex or difficult issues/problems. Exercise judgment and act appropriately within defined regulations, client requirements, policies and procedures for properly handling issues/problems.
- If Manager of Client Services has liaison staff reporting to them, determine staff hours, number of personnel, and other requirements needed to achieve optimum levels of customer service. Interviews, hires and trains employees. Appraise performance, reward and discipline and address/resolve complaints. Prepare schedules for client services staff, assign personnel to specific tasks, projects and maintenance work as needed.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, managers and executives, as well as external clients and other external business contacts.
- Adheres to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Working knowledge of the healthcare receivables management industry and a strong background in Medicaid Eligibility.
Strong working knowledge of customer service practices and healthcare collections.
Demonstrated leadership, analytical, communication and problem solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field or a combination of equivalent work experience and advanced formal training.
A minimum of five years experience working in the Healthcare or similar industry with exposure to billing, financial or collections systems.
At least 3 years working with developing and maintaining database software (preferably in an SQL environment).