Client Support Engineer
With nearly 20,000 organizational customers and millions of student users, Blackboard is the world's leading educationtechnology company. Blackboard is shaping the future of education with big ideas that challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning. Every day we’re inspiring people to find new ways to learn, connect and drive change in the way education is delivered and experienced. Through technology and services we bring people closer to the knowledge they seek and to ways they can change their own education and the world for the better.
Blackboard Transact™ is an integratedtechnology platform that helps improve thestudentexperienceand campus safety, while helping streamline business operations and increasing revenue. The Blackboard Transact platform includes capabilities within two integrated modules:
- Commerce Management: facilitates campus ID card issuance, cashless payment processing, account management and reporting on-campus, off-campus, and online.
- Security Management: monitors all campus activity using integrated door access control, video surveillance and mass notification capabilities.
The CSE supports clients in plan configuration, data acquisition and system configuration for ongoing meal plan management and declining balance processing operations. CSE provides customer service, operational and technical support for card program stakeholders including parents, student, merchants and client staff. CSE assists CRM on launch of new campus card programs, product roll-outs, expansions.
Tasks and Duties:
- Configure transaction system to client specification for new meal plan and declining balance processing service launches
- Manage pre and post-semester meal plan data file acquisition and plan configuration
- Manage client interaction and communications for assigned new program launches
- Support CRMs in launch and management of new client programs
- Monitor and report daily on system health and transaction processing KPI’s
- Support students, parents and other card program stakeholders by phone & email with account management, value transfer and general help and information
- Manage and process daily payments and refund requests
- Troubleshoot terminal operations with card-accepting locations
- Manage client-specific card production and fulfillment jobs
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Strong communication, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Customer Service and/or Technical Support experience
- Competence with Office software suite; spreadsheet proficiency valued
- Proven Project Management skills
- Proactive/Positive work ethic; goal and solution oriented
- Effective multi-tasking and problem solving
- Strong team player who also works well independently