In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
The Principal Client Success Specialist builds and maintains the client relationship to drive value for the client and increased lifetime value for NTT.
This role is responsible for multiple large-scale or complex (multi-service) contracts for complex or strategically important clients.
As the primary post-sale point of contact for clients they drive client-facing activity through NTT’s Client Success Management Charters of Adoption, Expansion and Renewal.
Acting as the clients’ trusted advisor they help the client realize value from their relationship with NTT and ensure the client’s relationship experience is a positive one.
They are required to work in partnership with NTT’s sales and client/service delivery management teams to deliver in-contract growth and a successful on-time renewal.
Serves as the primary post-sale point of contact for clients/customers. Uses in-depth knowledge of client industry and/or business processes, deep knowledge of the product being sold and technical expertise to drive and increase adoption and utilization of company products. Demonstrates product features beyond central functionality to help the customer achieve specific business results and maximum value from the product(s). May recommend specific solutions to achieve customer’s desired result. Holds direct responsibility for identifying opportunities and closing additional revenue from assigned clients, including upselling and cross-selling of related products; accountable for client renewal and retention results. Ensures best practices are adopted for product use. May handle escalations and coordinate across functional areas of the company, including Marketing, Sales, Professional Services, Engineering, Finance, Training, and/or Support.Working at NTT
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Client Nurture / Relationship
- Develop and maintain the relationship with client representatives to C-suite level, being recognised as the client’s ‘trusted advisor’ at NTT
- Act as an escalation point for client issues which are not being resolved though standard process, facilitating a satisfactory client outcome with relevant resolver groups within NTT
- Facilitate regular business reviews with the client
- Ensure the client is aware of, and is successfully adopting Offer features and increasing their usage of services (as appropriate)
- Proactively help the client to realise demonstrable value from the Offers and meet their original business (procurement) objectives
- Drive up-sell of existing Offers/services and close the deals to achieve revenue targets
- Identify cross-sell opportunities (to extend NTT’s footprint with the client) and facilitate engagement with Sales/GTM functions to engage the client on these opportunities
- Demonstrate the value delivered by NTT throughout the lifetime of the contract and drive a successful and on-time renewal
- Minimise churn (client, revenue, service) at renewal and seek opportunities to drive up-sell / cross-sell as part of the renewal process
Client Success Practice
- Be an active member of the Regional and Global CS Management practice
- (including adopting standard methodologies, platforms/tools, KPIs, best practice activity, sharing experiences with the community)
- Responsible for Data Quality Management within own client portfolio
- Build and maintain Client Success Management skills and operating knowledge
- Build and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of NTT’s Offers
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain solid stakeholder relationships up to C-suite level
- Account planning and stakeholder mapping and management techniques
- Ability to interpret a client’s business strategy / plans and understand opportunities for NTT solutions/services
- Knowledge of NTT’s Offers and services, including the core functionality and features, linkage within NTT’s service portfolio, pricing structures, client benefits
- Ability to provide an external industry viewpoint (including industry insights, technology trends and competitor landscape) and to highlight NTT’s expertise and differentiated offerings and position NTT’s “partnership” offerings with the client
- Strong sales skills (consultative selling and negotiation) with the ability to identify up-sell opportunities and close resulting deals
- Ability to execute on-time renewals with minimum volume or price churn
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT service environment, service operations and ITIL practices
- Understanding of NTT’s high-level operating model and the ability to develop and maintain relationships across relevant cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of NTT’s billing processes and client invoicing linked to contracted services
- Understanding of financial statements and metrics, including revenue, expense control, and growth relative to market in order to hold strategic client conversations.
- Understanding of contracts and contract management; with the ability to maintain the contract, to discuss with the client and understand how to position as a value exchange
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Certification and working knowledge of ITIL practices
- Additional relevant vendor certifications would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience in a client-facing role in one or more of Sales, Service or Consultancy disciplines in a large scale (preferably multi-national) IT services environment.
- Demonstrable subject matter and services product expertise within sales and operations
- Demonstrable experience in a Managed Services and/or Outsourcing environment.
- Demonstrable experience for at least 1 year as Account P&L lead for large managed services / IT outsourcing contracts in a recognised IT services company