About the Role
The Uber Ads team helps merchants effectively and efficiently reach Uber's customers. As a new and rapidly growing business unit, we are a cross functional team constantly exploring and discovering innovative ways to help our advertising partners. Uber Ads officially launched in 2020 by offering Sponsored Listings on the Uber Eats marketplace. Since then, thousands of our restaurant partners around the world have utilized the product to expand their reach. As we move forward into new products and platforms, Uber Ads is set to become an engine of growth for our merchants and Uber.
The key mandate of the Strategic Initiatives team is to build and grow our 'big bold bets' to transform our business. In this role, you will support the growth of our Ads business. This role will work with external partners and cross functional teams (Sales, Product, Engineering, and Ops) to identify, incubate, and develop new products and offerings for our advertising partners.
What You'll Do
- Develop strategy and test hypothesis as you scale our our ads business
- Lead efforts to understand the experience on a rapidly scaling critical initiative
- Define and execute the operational strategy to improve experiences in scalable ways, together with external partners and internal cross functional partners in Product, Sales, Operations, Finance, and Community Operations
- Track performance and manipulate data to derive significant insights
- Communicate findings to cross functional teams and leadership
- Expand product adoption. Clearly communicate the value of our newest products with a lens of creativity to differentiate our offerings
- Drive initiatives. You will lead and support key initiatives across our Ads team to drive growth for our non-restaurant partners at scale. This involves wearing many hats and jumping in to help your teammates when the needs arise
- Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to navigate relationships and difficult partner conversations
- Bachelor's degree.
- 6+ years of analytical or strategy experience, with 3+ years of partnerships experience.
- 8+ years of professional working experience.
- Experience selling into or partnering with large, complex enterprise brands and organizations
- Experience securing buy-in and leading conversations with executive level external partners
- An ability to synthesize information quickly, to distill key takeaways, and to weave insights into a compelling story that clarifies and inspires.
- An ability to build deep relationships across a broad organization, cultivate a fun and collaborative work environment, and identify problems from different perspectives. Humility and empathy are essential to success in this role.
- High standards and a bias toward action. You can find the context and information you need through relationships across the organization, you push for clarity and delivery, and you hold a high bar from your contributions and those of the people you work with.
- Grit and perseverance. You're passionate about a challenge and push yourself to persevere when others back away.
- Outstanding Excel / data management skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.