The Role: In this commercial role, you will become a trusted advisor and partner to clients by leading digital transformation programs that will meaningfully improve their operations. You will develop deep insight into your clients’ financial outlook, strategic priorities, leadership team, consulting ecosystem, and digital transformation objectives. The position will support the following territories: Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Develop close relationships with clients and understanding of their needs
- Identify top priority client organizations and develop and execute an account strategy for each
- Develop close relationships with top leaders (C-suite and 1-2 layers down) in core client organizations within your assigned region
- Establish a deep familiarity in each utility’s budget and capital improvement plan, strategic priorities and challenges, and stakeholder environment, leveraging research frameworks and support from the Marketing team
- Understand key pain points and drivers of utility as a whole and the individual priorities of various leaders in the utility
- Act as industry thought leader, obtaining industry engagement and speaking opportunities to raise Xylem profile in the region as well as nationally
Drive impact and growth by developing new programs with clients
- Serve as the focal point for developing digital performance transformation programs
- Introduce clients to Xylem capabilities in our core areas (leveraging colleagues such as Client Solutions Architects in specific domain areas)
- Take primary responsibility for managing client pitches and moving them through contracting and procurement
- Partner closely with Xylem Client Solution Architects and other commercial Managers to identify opportunities to introduce high-impact, high value-add solutions
Connect the dots at Xylem
- Develop a client dossier for each key account in your region in order to gain a thorough understanding of existing account activities across all of Xylem (including third-party distribution) by working across organizational boundaries and serve as the “connective tissue” for Xylem’s client teams
- Work collaboratively across Xylem (CTs and GCs) to align and establish joint priorities and pursuits
- Consultative selling and relationship development skills
- Deep insight into smart water technology solutions
- “Triple bottom line” orientation
- Systems Thinking
- Financial and Business Model Acumen
- Client and Market Intelligence
- Professional/Industry Influence
- Market and Product Innovation
- Market Strategy and Planning
- Data driven
- Cross Company Collaboration
- External: Influential clients and other relevant value chain players (consultants, contractors, etc), strategic advisors to the business, US EPA and other regulatory entities, Water/Environment NGOs, trade associations and participation in industry events
- Internal: Xylem CSM, Digital Transformation business team, product management/marketing/sales leaders across the company ensuring full Xylem offering is presented/communicated and delivered for clients, digital marketing execution teams.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA or master’s degree in related area preferred.
- 10+ years of related industry experience required.
- Knowledge of the Xylem’s industry and specific product knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of digital solution offerings, client value creation, development of varied business models
- Previous budget responsibility preferred.
- Understanding and proficiency in Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Marketo, Salesforce.com, Digital Asset Management platforms, Workfront marketing workflow management.
- Clear working knowledge of effective communications channels required and proficiency in digital marketing.
- Office based position
- Standard weekly job hours: 40
- Travel requirement: 30-50%