Client Services Manager ( CSM )
5 - 7 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
In the role of Client Services Manager, you would be responsible for day to day interactions with our existing and prospective clients both in person and on the phone/via email. This role requires someone who is comfortable with spending approximately 70% of their time out in the field, in front of prospective or existing clients, assessing business opportunity, i.e., procurement, auditing, business incentive program credits & demand response services applicable to the property or organization. A Client Services Manager must be able to interact at the Operations level as well as at the Sr. Management level within an organization. Expectations are that the Client Services Manager thoroughly understands the entire suite of products and services that the company offers and can effectively communicate associated business value to the prospective client. It is critical that you are proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word. A high level of math competency is required along with a thorough understanding of the supply and/or demand side of the energy industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Sales position focused on identifying and selling company services to commercial, industrial and institutional customers within the company targeted geographies and business segments. Business development activities/focus may be expanded over time and at the request of company leadership.
- Identifies opportunities through multiple channels, cultivating and maintaining relationships with commercial/institutional/industrial facility personnel, energy suppliers and consultants/providers of energy efficiency solutions.
- Develops and maintains a sales pipeline and meets targeted sales quota objectives. Actively manages prospect pipeline in the CRM, updating status, probability to close, close date and other key elements to ensure proper priority setting and management visibility.
- Interfaces with customer personnel, including executive officers, energy and sustainability managers, operations and facility managers and their staffs and customer legal representatives for purposes developing and executing services agreements.
- Provides solutions to customer problems. Possess the ability to assess business issues/problems (for example, business incentive program application and compliance) and presents options to address the issues that results in a beneficial long term agreement.
- Educates and collaborates with the customer to identify the optimum program/solution to fit the unique business conditions presented while achieving the company revenue and margin objectives.
- Achieves sales quota for both new and renewal business. Closes business and leads downstream Operations handoffs to ensure timely enrollment in contracted programs. Interfaces regularly with Operations to ensure customer performance/satisfaction and help ensure subsequent contract renewal and/or expansion of business.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication (internally and externally). Possess strong listening skills.
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and CRM.
- Ability to work effectively with operations and customer management personnel.
- Ability to maintain consistent customer follow up and manage multiple sales opportunities simultaneously, including the ability to prioritize and communicate needs internally.
- Customer focused. Strong sense of urgency regarding addressing customer related issues.
- Complete knowledge of regional programs and products and understanding of energy market structure with adherence to market rules emphasized.
- Business to business and/or consultative selling with 5 or more experience is preferred.
- BS or BA preferred.
- Base Pay paid on a monthly basis (at the end of each month)
- 401K plan where the company matches 100% of your contributions up to 4% of your pay. Matching amounts are vested over 5 years.
- Year-end profit sharing plan into your 401K plan with a target amount of 10% of your full year pay.
- Medical benefits for the employee (if needed) starting 90 days after the first day of employment (50% paid by company).
- Minimum of two (2) weeks of paid time off (PTO) per year according to the employee manual
- The company pays 50% of the parking fees at our building
- Reimbursement of all reasonable business expenses, including mileage for use of personal car.
- Commission program as detailed in the company commission plan, paid at the end of the month following the quarter.