Supervisor of Operations reports directly to the Operations Manager of Client Support and manages a team of up to 15 employees and will have accountability for the department’s financial and operational performance. S/he is responsible for providing service and transactional support to various office teams and clients across North America. As such s/he is essential to driving excellent internal and external client experiences and maximizing efficiencies in our operating platform. This leader will develop/implement strategies to continuously improve the quality and service while strengthening controls. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of Department Annual plan and budget.
- Direct management and oversight of Process & Service providing employees.
- Collaboration with offsite teams with shared accountabilities.
- Ownership and accountability for creation, achievement, and assessment of performance against departmental goals.
- Drive service excellence across the organization including leading process improvement initiatives using commonly accepted methodologies (e.g. LEAN, Six Sigma, etc.).
- Management of multiple employees and potentially, business units with diverse technical requirements.
- Serving as an in-house authority for operational processing functions.
- Clearly and consistently communicating with the team.
- Hiring, coaching, developing, correcting, appraising, and mentoring of team.
- Effectively managing change.
- Developing and reinforcing relationships with other department Supervisors, Leaders, and Business Representatives including: Field Offices, Technology Resources, and Product or Process Owners.
- Enforcing compliance and regulatory controls.
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Minimum of 5 years of operations supervisory experience, preferably in the Commercial Insurance industry.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels. IE: supervisors, peers, and internal & external clients.
- Demonstrated solid budgeting, forecasting, work process analysis, problem solving, and risk management skills.
- Strong experience in, or aptitude for, building strategic operations, setting goals and measures, creating business and operational plans to achieve exceptional performance, and exceed established metrics.
- Experience in business transformations, startups, or tactical (and/or) strategic initiativespreferred.
- Experience building high-performing teams with skills that include: recruiting, hiring, training, and retention.
- Superior business acumen, learning agility, and dealing with ambiguity and paradox are all essential qualifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Agency experiencepreferred.
- Must have or obtain insurance licenses as required by law within 60 days of employment.