Client Service Manager / Project Manager (Water / Wastewater)
BC has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager/Client Service Manager who will have an essential role in our Mid-Atlantic Region water and wastewater business, based in our Raleigh office. In collaboration with the Area Leader, other Client Service Managers, Technical Service Leaders, and the Marketing Manager, you will maintain and develop client relationships, connect BC solutions to client needs, lead project teams in quality project delivery, and guide procurement stages leading to new opportunities.
The Mid-Atlantic Region is a thriving/growing area demanding differentiating client service, sustainable and innovative solutions, and effective collaboration with our technical service providers and client contacts. This is a highly strategic position for someone who takes pride in exceptional client service, and positive results for our environment and clients.
- Serves as project manager or senior technical resource for key clients. Manage multi-disciplinary resources to deliver projects on schedule and budget and according to client critical success factors.
- Utilizes internal systems for communication, tracking and collaboration on projects and opportunities.
- Supports development of staff members, especially as it relates to exceptional client service delivery, strategic planning, and effective communication.
- Leads teams conducting technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water, wastewater, and stormwater treatment, distribution or conveyance systems.
- Ensures quality client services, clarity on work products, and delivery of high quality services within budget and schedule constraints.
- Develops high-value client relationships, while representing BC with key clients and teaming partners.
- Engages and cultivates client service teams to support understanding and delivering on client needs and expectations.
- Creates client engagement strategies and pursuit plans, actively leading in key opportunity proposal strategy, positioning, teaming, messaging and interview development.
- Meets identified performance metrics including annual sales goals, project budgets and schedules.
- Leverages resources, experience and skills of the firm to support client goals.
- Participates in professional societies, creating connections for BC and technical professionals in support of client goals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.) required; M.S. degree in related engineering field with a focus on wastewater and water services preferred.
- Professional Engineer registration in the State of North Carolina.
- A minimum of 12years’ experience in consulting and engineering services in the environmental sector with progressive responsibilities including business development and project delivery especially for water and wastewater municipal clients, preferably in North Carolina.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, lead strong project teams meeting project requirements, and provide strong business growth results in management roles.
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects and delivering on time and on budget while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Proven understanding of environmental and regulatory drivers for clients and projects.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resources allocation, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources.
- Proven technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually are required.
- Ability to motivate others and lead teams to implement plans for projects and client pursuits.