The Client Service Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Actively manage the day-to-day servicing and processing activities to ensure that the staff is delivering a high level of service and complying with corporate and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Interface daily with Banking teams to ensure escalated issues addressed and client service requirements are being exceeded.
- Coach and provide ongoing feedback to staff, identify training needs, and prepare developmental and training plans.
- Regularly review processes to ensure maximum efficiencies while delivering superior service quality.
- Contribute to and drive tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Establish effective working relationships with operational and technology partners to jointly identify and resolve on-going issues.
- Regularly review internal control and regulatory requirements and self-test results to ensure that effective controls are in place.
- Work closely with the Global and Regional Market Managers to ensure that business initiatives are appropriately supported by Service.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Leadership skills: Takes ownership, readily takes charge and makes decisions, able to motivate people toward a common goal, implement change and get results. People Management Skills: able to constructively coach and motivate staff
- US: Licenses 7 & 63 or willing to acquire within 120 days
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
- FINRA Series 24 required, and NASD Series 66 (or S65 + S63).
- Bilingual Spanish and/or Portuguese required
- Supervision of all operational branch activities
- Main liaison with the internal and external Brokerage and Banking Operations groups
- Ensure best quality of service and support is provided to our internal and external clients. Key point-of-contact with Tampa operational units – Supervise and manage the interaction with internal departments (i.e. Tampa Operations Unit) to ensure a prompt response to the clients/sales support team in order to help improve the workflow of service support
- Administer Portfolio Reassignment within KYC, One Source, Pershing
- Liaison with COB (Continuity of Business) team representing Miami Office
- Perform other activities to support the business, as required by Management