The Manager, Client Server Engineering will be responsible for the management of the Client/Server Engineering team within the Strategic Technology Services (STS) team at CDI Corporation. This team is responsible for evaluating, architecting, and implementing complex Client/Server technologies and technical solutions utilizing latest technologies in on-premise, cloud, and hosted environments. The group is also responsible for 3rd level support resolution for all client/server technology across the CDI enterprise
The Manager, Client Server Engineering is a hands-on position with an expectation of approximately 70% technical work and approximately 30% management tasks. The group consists of approximately two dedicated Client/Server Engineering personnel, as well as contingent personal depending on project requirements.
The position is based at the CDI Corporation’s Headquarters in Center City Philadelphia, PA
- Lead the Client/Server Team to resolve client/server issues within established SLAs and will serve as the highest escalation contact for support and project issues.
- Design enterprise solutions that are scalable, adaptable, and in synch with ever changing business needs and technology capabilities.
- Be the trusted advisor for cloud initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice while also building organizational partnerships and networks to ensure comprehensive cloud capabilities are developed with input from appropriate business and IT resources.
- Manage and serve as key contributor in the development of scalable client/server infrastructure designs for support of the enterprise environment
- Identify, research, and evaluate emerging client/server technologies to meet current and future technology needs
- Conduct capacity planning to ensure timely acquisition of IT resources and budget
- Manages the development and implementation of client/server management and related tools for use by the NOC and Operations teams within STS and the CDI enterprise
- Engineer highly-resilient client/server infrastructure solutions in response to enterprise and customer specific requirements
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and tuning of enterprise client/server technologies such as Azure, Microsoft Windows Server, VMWare, etc.
- Provide third level support to the NOC to assist with resolving complex technical problems
- Perform root cause analysis for all major client/server incidents and outages
- Serves as mentor to subordinates and other less experienced STS team members to further develop technical expertise
- Responsible for development of staff MBOs, performance planning, review, and development.
- Responsible for on-going staff management, coaching, and job specific educational planning and corrective action as needed
- Bears responsibility for all team members, their assignments, their performance, attendance, career growth, cross-training and conduct as relates to STS, the distinct lines of CDI business, and its customers.
- Stays abreast of latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices and proactively suggests ways to enhance the use of technology in furtherance of CDI’s business objectives.
- Participate with other individuals and/or groups in a team format to evaluate and implement new solutions as necessary
- Provides detailed project plans for all approved initiatives and tracks status and provides updates to management as required
- Associated responsibilities may change in keeping with business needs, other duties as assigned may be required.
- Develops and maintains detailed documentation of architected client/server solutions and provides expertise across STS and the enterprise in areas of client/server design
- Is fluent in the use of Visio, MS Project, and PowerPoint
- 3 years of prior relevant experience managing IT administrators or engineers
- 10 years of hands-on experience with designing and managing Microsoft Windows infrastructures in a large corporate environment. (3000+ users)
- 10 years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Exchange in a large enterprise environment.
- Cloud Experience: Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS , Google App Engine, PaaS, IaaS, SaaS
- Experience designing an Active Directory for a large, geographically dispersed enterprise.
- Experience with DNS, WINS, and DHCP.
- 10 Years of hands-on experience as a client/server engineer in a large corporate environment.
- 10 Years hands-on experience with installing, administering anti-virus systems in large environments across multiple sites.
- MCSE certification, preferable with MS Exchange as an elective.
- General experience with Ethernet networks, networking topologies and implementations
- Experience with supporting production Windows and Exchange environments in a 7x24 operation.
- 10 Years experience with Microsoft workstation operating systems
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure and Office365 migration and implementation.
- Exposure to various Mobile Device Management (MDM) concepts and vendors
- Security: Federated Security, SAML, Single Sign On
Four years Bachelors degree (BS or BA) required or equivalent experience.