Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Creates, codes, debugs, maintains and implements applications. Analyzes existing applications or formulates logic for new applications, devises logic procedures, performs coding and debugs programs. Maintains and utilizes application and programming documents in the development of code. Develops application implementation plans throughout the life cycle. Works closely with onsite end users to understand business needs, writes specifications, performs system and data analysis, implements and modifies systems and creates detailed test plans, as well as providing testing, troubleshooting and support across systems.
What Part Will You Play?
You might fit well in the Internal Tools team if you enjoy technology, and are passionate about working with new technologies. This includes sharing opinions within the team, taking initiative to learn new things and putting in the work to make our products the best.
As a Client Server Software Analyst Lead:
You will be responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution from initial concept through the finished solution in the area of application installation and configurations, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure. You’ll need the ability to quickly understand needs, from a user perspective, and move from there to implement a sound solution. The ability to not only configure tools and applications, but also integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a deep understanding of application systems, databases, multiple operating systems as well as other tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems. You’ll work in an environment where there aren’t always clear specifications or about how something should be done, where it’s up to you to figure things out and keep things moving. Some other things you’ll do regularly include:
- Integrate systems and configure applications to drive and
- innovate around our server based platform across the TSYS organization.
- Leverage open technology such as Docker, Swarm, Linux, and plenty of others.
- Have a strong understanding of the different types of web server software.
- Install and configure web facing applications.
- Work with Info Security to identify vulnerabilities in applications and then implement fixes to close those vulnerabilities.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime.
- Provide deep and detailed levels of monitoring across all levels of the application.
- Help mentor other support admins and technical analysts. Have the ability to work fast, don’t be afraid to break things, and then the troubleshooting know how to fix them.
Who you are…
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. Your skills are broad; user experience, integration, database and application configuration – and you easily transition between those. You like to leverage modern technology and can quickly adapt to the ever changing types of technology to provide great products to TSYS clients.
- Partners and consults with the business and technology teams to develop basic to complex code for internal and external client software solutions. Provides expert advice for the design, creation and delivery of routine to complex program specifications for code development and support on multiple, complex projects and issues with an in-depth understanding of the application and/or area as it relates to assigned projects and provides advice on how functional areas interact.
- Uses experience to take insightful and logical corrective measures for complex deficiencies and forwards systemic proposals to leadership.
- Provides expert advice/guidance to all levels for application documentation, procedures, methodologies and standards. Applies in-depth knowledge of testing and validation for basic to complex code changes.
- Provides advice to leadership on the design, development and enforcement of business/infrastructure application standards to include the associated controls, procedures and monitoring to ensure compliance and accuracy of data.
- Develops, administers and recommends billable hours and resource estimates on complex initiatives, projects and issues.
- Assists with on-the-job training and provides in-depth expertise and advice to developers.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Degree in a related field and/or the equivalent in training and experience
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- System design and development in a client server environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems or Engineering
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in an analytical, research, or project management environment in the credit card or software industry; programming experience with .Net development, including C# and C++
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- .Net - C/C++,SQL, Java
- Lotus Notes - Lotus Notes Designer, Lotus Notes Scripting