At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Client Portfolio Manager within PNC Asset Management's Investment Strategy organization, you will be based in Philadelphia, PA.
In this role, you will be responsible for researching and analyzing all asset classes under coverage (equities, fixed income, real assets, commodities, alternatives, etc.) by the Investment Strategy team. Additionally, you will play an integral role in developing firm-wide views on the subject matter, as well as preparing/leading formal recommendations on asset allocation and portfolio positioning. You will be expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as a core component of this position is being able to communicate our strategy views across the Asset Management Group through numerous channels. This includes recurring publications that require content contribution and potentially editorial oversight. The Investment Strategy team operates in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment. Intellectual curiosity, teamwork focus, and a positive, can-do approach are valued skills with the Investment Strategy team.Job Description
- Manages all aspects of client service to a particular investment strategy or strategies. Presents investment strategy, process, profile and results to highly sophisticated institutional clients, consultants and prospects.
- Continually works side by side with portfolio manager team(s) to develop, enhance and present investment strategy and results to highly sophisticated external parties and internal business partners, for existing clients, consultants and/or prospects.
- Serves as key client service representative for the Portfolio Management team, providing in-depth, sophisticated insights into capital markets, specific portfolio strategies and individual securities on their behalf.
- Works with Consultant Relations , Client Advisers and other business partners to coordinate information delivery with clients, consultants and prospects.
- Creates insightful and timely thought leadership pieces such as papers, releases and other media for specific strategies.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Client Relationship Management - Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.
Communicating Complex Concepts - Knowledge of, and the ability to use summarization and simplification techniques to explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Financial Analysis - Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Financial Statement Analysis - Knowledge of tools, techniques, and practices, and ability to analyze and determine the credit-worthiness of a business enterprise through its financial statements.
Portfolio Management - 1 - Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and acceptable business practices associated with managing a portfolio.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
BachelorsAdditional Job DescriptionBenefits
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC .Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.