Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Client Outcomes Portfolio Project Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet. This candidate must reside in or near Kansas City, Missouri
What you get to do:
As a Client Outcomes Portfolio Manager, you will be working with one of our largest and most strategic customers - developing and managing the portfolio’s master timeline, roadmaps, projects, and dependencies. The role will concentrate on the overall success of all not started and in progress projects working towards the long-term objectives of Uplight and our customer. It is expected that this person is a central point of contact between Uplight and our customer, is based in Kansas City, and can serve as an advocate for both the Utility and Uplight in driving towards our portfolio goals. A direct extension of our Customer Success team, this strong project manager should know how to interact with senior stakeholders while also managing a portfolio of project implementations.
This role will regularly re-evaluate the portfolio’s status and progress utilizing key performance indicators to proactively identify challenges.
- Look for new approaches to visualize the project and achieve the desired outcomes for a strategic client portfolio.
- Consider what to change about the project to save time, meet goals or improve quality.
- Outline multi-generational project strategies aligned to deliver on expected outcomes
- Develop key performance indicators, measure, dependencies, and report on milestones using a blend of agile and waterfall methodologies
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple core and innovational product lines
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the multiyear client contract
- Prepare estimates and detailed master project plan for all phases and years of the projects
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, executive leadership and key stakeholders
- Organizing and motivating project team members
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other organizations within Uplight
- Development of project plans and dependency mapping
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Developing key performance indicators and success criteria
- Analyzing and managing project risks and change logs
- Monitoring progress
What you bring to Uplight:
- Strong alignment and passion for the Uplight values and mission
- You care about energy, its impact on our customers, their customers, and the world
- At least 5 years of experience in a comparable role
- Portfolio project management preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex projects concurrently
- PMI or PMP certification
- You care about energy, its impact on our clients, their customers, and the world
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience developing Key Performance Indicators/success criteria of tracking a portfolio
- Proven portfolio experience working with internal and external customers to define and implement complex solutions and/or address complex technical/process challenges
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, tenacity, and fortitude
- Demonstrates strong leadership presence and consulting skills, partnering with client’s key stakeholders
- Natural affinity for working across departments and colleague personas to drive cross functional work streams to completion
- An independent thinker who proactively identifies issues, interdependencies, and solutions
- Experience working on large, complex IT or similar technology integration projects requiring attention to detail, planning, and multi-channel communication requirements
- Attention to detail and ability to internalize and communicate a wide array of information concerning software and analytics products as well as sales process
- Knowledgeable of the Internal Communications, Tech/IT and Integrations discipline
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to meet changing scope and resource situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills; detail oriented
- General Business Acumen
- Strong, effective decision-making and multi-tasking skills within stringent deadlines
- Once restrictions are lifted, willingness to travel up to 20% (post Covid-19)
- Strong project management experience, ideally in a rapidly paced consulting, services or technology-related environment; previous start-up and/or SaaS business model
- Experience working on remote teams
- Preferred experience working with Mavenlink, Asana, Microsoft Teams, and SalesForce
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $82,000 to $91,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.