The Market Research Client Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing market research project managers’ end-to-end execution of online research projects while ensuring that project management responsibilities are performed so that they deliver efficient service to clients. The position coaches and mentors the team and provides escalation support for clients while cultivating strong relationships with clients and cross-functional internal resources. The role would suit a motivated professional who enjoys fostering relationships in a team setting, while embracing their responsibilities independently.
At Profiles, our research data illuminates. It provides clarity, reveals information, and empowers brands and marketers to make sound decisions. A trusted global partner for digital data collection, our expertise, sampling methodologies and innovative technologies provide a deep understanding of consumer opinions and behaviours.
As Market Research Client Operations Manager, you will…
- Manage a team of Project Managers, including conducting and facilitating training & development, mentoring direct report(s) and advising on internal process improvement, consultation and value-add services.
- Coordinate resource allocation including financial forecasting and workforce planning to ensure that the team delivers on time, on spec and budget.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality efficiency and effectiveness of operational delivery.
- Coordinate with internal teams to streamline project execution and provide support for project escalations.
- Support existing account relationships to ensure they remain healthy, productive, profitable and mutually beneficial, with the goal of securing repeat business and achieving targeted revenues.
- Provides support for accounts managed by direct reports, assisting with client pitches, developing client specific pricing models, new opportunities and relationship strategy.
- Manage higher complexity accounts and projects, requiring increased interaction with internal stakeholders (either in the form of coverage for direct reports or own individual accounts)
- Play a critical role in strategic account management by collaborating with the client, Sales and Pricing teams, consultants, and internal delivery experts.
- Support client relationships with internal teams where formal Project Manager support is not provided
- Works to maintain and further develop the project management skillset among various offshore teams
- Participate in a variety of client-centric initiatives, internal initiatives, new product roll outs, training and continuous education.
To succeed, you’ll have…
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in professional project management overseeing multiple clients and projects under tight deadlines within the market research industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Market Research, Marketing, Statistics, Economics, Business, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Influential leadership through advanced emotional intelligence, collaboration, consensus building and effective conflict management skills.
- Leadership skills to support and guide a team of Project Managers, both remote and/or in person, to make the best decisions for both the business and client.
- Strength in using technological resources, including MS Office and web-based survey tools.
- Minimum 2-3 years managing a team of market research professionals with experience in team building, development, and performance management.
- An understanding market research best practices; specifically, research methodologies, questionnaire design and reporting.
- Have experience developing and maintaining long-term relationships with clients.