Working under minimal supervision of the Dir, Client Operations Support, referring only exceptional problems and issues for management review or approval, the Client Operations Advisor provides direct operational support toEnterprise accounts of one or more Inside Account Managers (IAM) and Enterprise Account Executives (EAE). The Advisor drives the day to day business and interactions with clients. The Advisor manages and maintains client standards, special pricing, and any client issues until resolution. TheAdvisor makes strategic decisions on catalog pricing and product recommendations to the client. The Advisor works alongside the EAE and IAM to strategically maximize margins and provides outstanding service to clients on all requests. The Client Operations Advisor proactively responds to or delegates client requests and tasks with little to no guidance, ensuring timely completion. The Advisor performs the high end tasks such as configuration solutions, strategic deal registrations and/or negotiated bid pricing withmanufacturers and other margin enhancement activities.
Essential Job Functions:
Strategically and proactively manages the customer's standard catalog making strategic decisions on pricing and product availability.
- Works with the client, IAM and EAE to provide the client with a catalog that is applicable to the client's business needs and policies.
- Updates parts pricing and discontinued parts in catalog by referencing internal reports as well as updates provided by the manufacturers through product roadmaps and proactively notifies client of possible replacement.
- Manages Clients Special Pricing and updates accordingly
- Manages and maintains margins on standards by updating special pricing and discounts.
Provides complex customer quotes in a timely manner, within 4 hours, which may require configuration by the Advisor or through a technical resource engagement.
- Works with suppliers and Manufacturers to ensure the best pricing based on the opportunity.
- Helps the sales team make decisions on the Price Matrix for the client.
- Builds out configurations for clients of velocity products and works withthe manufacturer's tools to provide pricing.
- Engages presales engineers for high end configurations of networking equipment.
Manages client order escalations thru to resolution as it relates to tracking, returns, or other post shipment issues.
- Researches and provides feedback to manager for client experience improvements.
- Takes the lead on resolution for accounting issues, such as credit and rebills, sales tax issues and RMA escalations.
Works with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure MoreDirect receives the best pricing available.
- Manages current Deal Registrations and renewals as needed.
Performs all other duties or special projects as assigned including:
Assists the Sales Operations Specialist with overflow of Order Entry to ensure prompt processing when needed.
- Processes complex orders such as networking, stocking orders or large projects.
Responds to all order processing escalation requests until fully resolved.
- Manages any Open Order escalation from the Sales Operations Specialist.
Minimum years of career experience to qualify for role: 7 years
- Includes a minimum of five years of work experience in sales operations in a technology sales company, this could be manufacturer, reseller or distributor level working with enterprise clients.
Total years of career experience in order to be fully proficient: 10 years
- Working knowledge of the IT reseller industry.
- Advanced technical knowledge as it relates to the anatomy ofdesktops, laptops, and servers with ability to quote correctly to clients.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills to include Excel for creating and using spreadsheets
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook for email to include working with a shared email box with ability to multi-task in a highpaced environment with multiple messages arriving at once.
- Intermediate knowledge of detailed data entry into a CRM or ERP system
- Knowledge of IT manufacturers and all programs that they offer withability to support Enterprise clients
- Experience with Manufacturer Special Pricing Letters for Enterprise clients
- Understanding of the top IT manufacturer's products, tools and websites with the ability to navigate the manufacturer tools and programs which leads to increased productivity and higher client satisfaction
- Organized state of mind with ability to document activities, anticipate problems, plan schedules and monitor performance according to priorities and deadlines
- Decisive with ability to make a prompt determination and substantiate decision if challenged.
- Articulate with ability to express oneself clearly and professionally in oral communication
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to compose professional business communications via email, letter, and proposals.
- Good listening skills with ability to receive information completely and understand what is being said
- Quick study with ability to master a situation or learn new things withminimum direction or training
- Problem solver with ability to identify and efficiently resolve issues using good judgment.