SMBC Capital Markets is an interest rates derivatives trading company based in New York City, with offices in London and Hong Kong. We are a subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), one of the leading global banks in Japan.
Our Capital Markets business is an established derivatives dealer with a broad product portfolio, with specific emphasis on interest rates and foreign exchange. We have been in operation for more than 30 years and is a leading market-maker in several markets.
Reporting to the Group Head of the Client Onboarding Group (COG), the Client Onboarding Project Manager is responsible for managing all COG projects end-to-end (e.g. documenting requirements, managing UAT, engaging with IT / other functions, etc.). The Project Manager is also responsible for managing all of COG's reporting - design, creation, distribution, inventory, etc.
- Manage all COG reporting - design, creation, distribution and inventory. This includes all operational and risk control reporting used by COG Management to gauge overall team performance, reporting required of us to our regulators, as well as reporting, often ad-hoc, to be sent to our Head Office.
- Manage entire lifecycle of all COG projects from documenting requirements, running UAT, liaising with the IT and the end-users and all other activities necessary to ensure delivery. These projects often arise from regulatory change, operational change or otherwise. This will often include procedural and technological changes, requiring detailed tracking and progress reporting to various personnel in the firm.
- Serve as the product manager for CIF, the client management application. Visualize new features and work with IT and end-users to refine ideas and being them to fruition.
- Participate in think-tank discussions concerning KYC / AML / Dodd-Frank / FATCA policy and desktop procedure updates.
- Assist in the creation of a Client Onboarding Desktop Procedures to ensure that the onboarding / client maintenance process is documented, transparent, consistent, sustainable and effective.
- Participate in design and testing of enhancements to client due diligence databases, reports and systems.
- 10+ years of financial services / banking experience in a Project Manager role, or from a consulting firm. Managerial experience is a plus.
- Expert at Excel (VBA / building macros)
- Exceptional anlystical and organizational skills as it relates to project management (re. regulatory change, technology enhancements, etc.).
- Experience / appreciation for due diligence operations and onboarding applications / systems (front-middle-back office work flow).
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to face-off to own management structure, Front Office, Compliance, Audit – effectively any potential touch-point relative to the onboarding / client maintenance workflow.
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and in-person presentations.
- Track-record of composure in fast-paced, high pressure environment.
SMBC Group is a top-tier global financial group. Headquartered in Tokyo and with a 400-year history, SMBC Group offers a diverse range of financial services, including banking, leasing, securities, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Group has more than 130 offices and 80,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG) is the holding company of SMBC Group, which is one of the three largest banking groups in Japan. SMFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: SMFG) stock exchanges.