WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Assists the Client Manager in supervising and participates in the operations, client service, and internal sales activities of the branch. * Monitors and maintains operations procedures for compliance to regulations; plans and administers colleague schedules and internal workflow. They may assist the Client Manager in interviewing perspective new colleagues and providing development training for the internal sales/service team.* This person will support internal sales activities including providing product and cross-sell opportunity identification training to their staff, recognizing referral/sales opportunities from the team, and making appropriate product/service recommendations to clients they interact with.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Functions as part of a cohesive unit to service client transactions and is responsible for upholding the operational integrity of the branch as defined by management and bank policy. This colleague understands and is able to execute all functions of the daily processes, including, but not limited to, appropriate cash handling responsibilities. In addition, supports, develops, motivates, and coaches banking office sales/service colleagues. Is one of the experts in risk management and loss prevention. Partners with the CM in completing, monitoring and auditing branch certifications and operational reviews. Utilizes an organized approach to manage and prioritize daily activities to meet all deadlines.
- Acts as a champion for clients and colleagues providing exemplary service. Partners with CNB colleagues in all divisions of the bank to support client retention objectives and proactively promotes solutions appropriate to clients.
- Promotes and facilitates cross-selling of bank services to existing and potential clients in order to meet established branch sales and referral goals. Works with business partners to deliver solutions in order to maintain and grow client relationships. Recognizes and recommends cross-selling opportunities to maximize banking office profitability.
- Supports and partners with the CM to proactively develop colleagues to achieve results and accurately assess strengths. Provides feedback, mentoring, and opportunities for development to help colleagues achieve their full potential. Provides instructions and information to colleagues on regulatory procedures, bank policies, legal requirements and other banking standards.
- Fully functional in delivering all components related to new accounts, including account maintenance, service requests, and risk management. Responsible for appropriately profiling clients during the new account process and actively identifies cross sell opportunities of CNB products and services.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 3 years of direct sales experience required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a banking environment required.
- Minimum 2 years of basic computer experience (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) required.