Client Manager - Retail Analytics, Chicago, IL - 10090
Have you ever walked down an aisle in your local Target and wondered why your favorite beverage or food product moved? At Nielsen, we work with U.S. retailers to help them understand their consumers, and to optimize their business down every aisle. On the Nielsen Retail Team you will work face-to-face with major retail players and use Nielsen solutions to help answer questions such as finding the right assortment and guiding pricing strategies. Every day brings a new challenge when working in the fast paced retail environment.
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking. Join the Retail Team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver, and the voice of Nielsen at our clients. When you join the Nielsen team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion.
As a Client Manager you will:
- Develop and lead client teams through designing, selling, executing and presenting analytic studies to meet client’s research objectives
- Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes
- Ensure pro-active insights and action oriented solutions are delivered to clients
- Lead and develop a team responsible for delivering against client commitments
- Accountable for driving your team’s sales to meet revenue goals
- Identify opportunities to collaborate across Nielsen teams and uncovers sales opportunities with clients.
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Skilled & polished communicator, including group presentations & proposal writing
- Ability to sell Nielsen solutions that help our clients meet strategic goals.
- Demonstrated mastery in data analysis & application to client business issues
- Able to analyze large data sets, preferably utilizing SAS, SQL, and/or R
- Strong knowledge of statistical approaches
- Demonstrated strength in maintaining positive client relationships in complex situations & resolving client issues
- People management, training, development experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Able to work collaboratively with internal & external teams
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
Background and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4-8 years’ experience
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Highly Proficient in a variety of Software Solutions and Digital Technologies.
- Proven experience at successfully meeting sales revenue targets
- Related industries include: Consumer Packaged Goods, Consulting, Information, Sales, Analytics
- Familiarity with merchandising services (pricing, assortment, promotional activity, consumer analytics) strongly preferred