The Mid-size Law Client Manager is responsible for increasing Westlaw revenue, usage and market share in assigned law firm accounts by utilizing skills related to legal research, training, sales and marketing. The Mid-Size Law Client Manager leverages his/her expert consultative approach and opportunity analysis to meet customer needs. This is accomplished through an in depth understanding of Thomson Reuters products and strong relationship building skills.
- Mid-Size Law Firm Sales and Account Management
- Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively meets customer needs and builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty; is focused on the big picture and business perspective when making decisions and taking action. Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from medium law firms.
- Possesses strong ability to create sales approaches and solutions; ability to provide customers with high-impact training to exceed their needs; tries different and novel ways to deal with customer challenges and opportunities; while working with an internal team, takes courses of action or develops client solutions that appropriately consider availablefacts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Builds credibility by working as a strong team player and through powerful formal presentations. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions. Large Client Managers may interact with account executives, Sales Executives / sales management, and/or products experts.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions toreach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of products such as Westlaw including content add-ons, thelegal profession and the legal publishing industry; Relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning, assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge topractical use on the job.
- Attains assigned revenue and sales account goals
- Establishes solid, long-term customer relationships and cultivates new business opportunities by diagnosing needs, presenting solutions and addressing customer concerns
- Provides high quality account management and customer support services to assignedaccounts
- Travels throughout territory to provide face-to-face meetings and services
- Develops, presents and implements special offers in non-Account Executive accounts
- Partners closely with Account Executives in identifying the sales opportunity for each firm
- Supports renewal process in assigned accounts
- Educates customers on the benefits of Westlaw over competitors and trains customers on the use of Westlaw
- Coordinates training efforts with Customer Success Representatives
- Coordinates local marketing efforts within assigned accounts
- Keeps up to date on competitive activities in accounts and communicates information todivisional/regional management
- Assists other market segments as needed
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology products aimed at increasing revenue and providing solutions
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- J.D. Degree required
- Legal practice experience preferred
- Strong communication, presentation and Westlaw legal research skills
- Customer service orientation and experience
- Field Account Management and sales/ marketing experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet
- Previous legal research training preferred
- Ability to travel frequently to training sessions, meetings and customer locations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we workflexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Toensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around theworld regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud tobe an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.