Client Manager, Commercial Card Client Development
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Commercial Card is one of the fastest growing financial products in the industry. A key part to its success over the course of the next 3-5 years will be developing market leading products that combine simplicity and human centered design, with the rich functionality expected by commercial entities.
As part of the Client Development team, you will deepen the relationship with our clients and look for ways to increase value by growing spend. You will partner with key executives and AP managers to create long term, meaningful relationships to better understand their business and commercial card needs. As their trusted advisor, you will help optimize the rebates and benefits received from Capital One. You will also partner and collaborate internally with our Field Sales Associates, Product Advisors and Portfolio Managers to ensure each client’s needs are met in a seamless and beautiful way.
To be successful, the Client Development team will meet clients where they are and adjust the approach based on the needs of the client. In this role, you will be supporting your client’s business and serve as their dedicated point of contact at Capital One.
- Manage a portfolio of clients with key focus on retention, growth and risk management
- Analyze the company’s total business spend to identify additional opportunities to leverage the Commercial Card
- Offer ongoing vendor match and spend enablement services; leverage results to increase AP file penetration
- Learn about the client and the specific industry vertical in which they operate; understand purchasing needs and behavior
- Become a trusted advisor by building positive relationships, handling client needs and coordinating client appreciation activities
- Resolve issues and provide solutions to clients in a timely manner
- Monitor portfolio metrics and perform quarterly account reviews
- Partner across the Commercial Card value chain to meet client needs
- Follow up on referrals from existing client base
- Initiate and participate in educational and/or networking events
- Travel to visit clients as needed
- Demonstrated abilities to build relationships and influence at a wide range of levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in person and over the phone
- Hands on experience in sales and/or client management and the ability to deliver a superior customer experience
- Creative thinker willing to go outside of their lane
- Strong professional presence with ability to work directly with executives
- Maniacal focus on risk management and being well managed
- Courageous – not afraid of tackling large, complicated issues, having difficult conversations and asking tough questions
- Problem solver capable of synthesizing information to make informed decisions
- Knowledge of SalesForce and working understanding of sales performance metrics
- Strategic mindset and ability to leverage data in identifying growth opportunities across their portfolio
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and serve as an advocate for our clients while also focusing on risk management across their portfolio. They will be innovative, highly organized, and have a measurable, demonstrated ability to drive business results while delivering superior service. Independent, results-driven and goal-oriented, self-starters will thrive within our organization.
This is a remote position. The candidate will manage clients located within their region.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in client facing role
- Proficient with MS Office
- 3+ years of experiencesupporting commercial or small business credit card products
- 5+ years of experience in client facing role
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Job ID R50184