Job Title: Client Lifestyle Magazine Editor
Location: 2000 Westchester Avenue, Purchase NY, 10577
Duration: 12 months contract
- The Field Marketing team develops and manages marketing solutions for Financial Advisors to drive growth through client acquisition, engagement and retention.
- The Editor for our client lifestyle magazine is a cross-functional role that liaises between our team, other client’s business units and the external publisher of the magazine.
- The scope of key responsibilities includes managing editor, project management and marketing management.
- Develop editorial calendar (alongside Editor-in-Chief, Creative Director and Executive Publisher) and assign articles to a diverse breadth of contributors.
- Traffic all assigned stories, artwork and invoices for each bi-monthly issue.
- Help build a stable of dedicated lifestyle writers.
- Oversee writers, acting as a supervisor, mentor and guide; responsibilities include approving pitched concepts and feature stories that align with the Morgan Stanley brand and client interests
- Plan, create and implement a content strategy that ensures usefulness and usability, vital to promoting FAs’ capabilities and enhancing clients’ user experience on FA websites.
- Ensure alignment with magazine’s content strategy and brand identity, while being innovative with story ideas aimed at the Firm’s target audience.
- Create integrated marketing strategies to repurpose content across FAs’ marketing resources, including print, web, social media, et al.
- Build and deploy marketingcampaigns to support print and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with other business units, including web and digital teams, to obtain data analytics
- Manage day-to-day operation of projects; i.e., internal communications, meeting participations and oversight of wealth management library topics.
- Lead post-project assessments and make recommendations for ongoing magazine optimization.
- Coordinate with client loyalty program manager and brand partners on ad development, placement and schedule.
- Submit wealth management content for Compliance/Legal/RP24 for approval.
- Maintain internal site and assist with ordering microsite.
- Partner with Sprocket’s customer service team to address Financial Advisors’ inquiries and interact with them to address their feedback and requests.
- Project and time management skills required for a multi-task environment.
- 5years of magazine experiencepreferred.
- 5years of journalism, writing and editingexperience.
- 5years of marketingexperiencepreferred.
- Creativity and leadership skills to produce, govern and publish content are needed.
- Excellent writing skills to develop ongoing communications to diverse audiences.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
- Motivated, energetic team player to interact with clients, peers and business units.
- Sound judgment, collaborative thinker and task-oriented initiator.
- Ability to identify trends and issues to anticipate change and provide recommended comprehensive solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and assignments, as well as adapt well in a deadline oriented environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Desire to learn and actively seek knowledge.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat Pro.