The Client Implementation Project Manager develops the strategy and detailed project plan, tailored to each client organization, for the effective implementation of the product program. This will involve facilitating all customer-facing implementation meetings, assembling internal cross-functional teams to deliver on implementation tasks, coordinating ordering logistics, training, and ongoing education to the client organization and consulting with the client throughout early stages of adoption to ensure success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategy and tactical plans for the approach to partner with client organizations that upholds a world-class service standard and aligns with the mission and values of Exact Sciences.
- Assemble and direct cross-functional teams to develop and implement Exact Sciences product adoption programs with clients, while developing strategies tailored to each client organization.
- Meet with clients to evaluate current state and identify implementation needs and site-specific objectives that will maximize adoption of Exact Sciences products.
- Facilitate all customer facing implementation meetings, startup meetings, and continuing education of the product adoption program for the clinical and administrative staff within new client sites.
- Liaise closely with the Exact Sciences sales, marketing, laboratory, customer service, and information technology teams to coordinate support across all functions for the client, most commonly for the tasks of enabling an effective product ordering process, providing physician, and patient education materials and training about test process and product performance, and facilitating coordination of client marketing campaigns.
- Effectively create and manage timeline and budget for each implementation task; mitigate risks and escalate issues when necessary to either internal or client management teams.
- Develop metrics to effectively measure client organization readiness (prior to launching implementation plan), as well as project success and client satisfaction.
- Exceptional project management skills; including coordination, communication and adherence to budget and completion goals, prioritization, and troubleshooting.
- Strong customer relationship skills; including strong written, verbal and presentational communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of a healthcare organization (C-suite, clinical, administrative, etc.).
- Competency and flexibility in understanding diverse and complex business and technical problems, client requirements, and functional/business objectives in order to develop efficient and effective solutions.
- Ability to develop, motivate and lead teams of cross-functional resources.
- Ability to work in a matrix management organization where the Project Manager has primary responsibility for project success, while relying on a team of resources which may not be directly reporting resources.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, monitoring, and reporting progress, and exceeding client expectations.
- Strong time management skills and action orientation.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 20% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Life Sciences, or related discipline with an Information Technology focus; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of progressive, broad-based information systems or business experience.
- 5+ years of experience with basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- 3+ years in providing leadership to sub workgroups within a project.
- 3+ years in a customer-facing sales or support role, preferably in healthcare industry.
- 2+ years of business unit experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
- Professional working knowledge of hospital and health system operations, workflows, and environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel macros and pivot tables and Word mail merge.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 2+ years with implementation of new technology.
- PMP Certification.
- Professional working knowledge with continuous improvement, lean, or six sigma initiatives.