Blackstone Innovations Profile:
Blackstone Technology and Innovations (BXTI) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone’s businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency, and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTI is nimble and entrepreneurial – our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
We are seeking a Manager of UX and Product Design to lead our growing UX team and drive the creation of usable and engaging interactions for some of the most critical applications in the firm. In this role, you will advocate for our users, including our investors, and work with designers, product owners, engineers, and business stakeholders to deliver best-in-class digital solutions to meet our users’ sophisticated needs. The successful candidate is committed to distilling complex workflows into innovative, elegant, and thoughtful user experiences on both web and mobile features. You will lead the design team, make strategic design and user experience decisions, define the UX roadmap, and foster creative and collaborative design across platforms.
- Lead a team of UI/UX designers to build and evolve the UX design processes, including defining design systems, standardizing user research and project intake processes, and driving a consistent experience across mobile and web products
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to identify new product opportunities and contribute to new feature definitions
- Champion prioritization of user-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis
- Advocate for better UX across the organization by understanding our product ecosystem and our users’ values
- Make strategic UX, research, and design decisions to existing and new features
- Design and deliver user stories, user journeys, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Leverage data and analytics to make actionable design decisions
- 6+ years of UX/Product Design experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in Design
- A portfolio of relevant UX Design work or case studies that convey your design process and experience
- Experience managing or leading a design team
- Financial services a plus, but not required
- User-Focused – you have experience conducting user interviews and research, understanding and documenting user motivations, and you dig deep to understand what a user truly needs
- Inclusive – you have experience designing for accessibility and understand why it matters
- UX Expert – you have designed complex, interaction-rich applications, have a mastery in user experience and visual design, and a deep understanding of design systems
- Collaborative - you can communicate design solutions across roles and levels, drive consensus with diverse stakeholders, and maintain strong relationships
- Leadership – you have a proven track record of leading, growing, and mentoring design teams. You can influence others and provide thought leadership on design
- Experienced with Agile Processes – you have experience working in the Agile methodology, breaking down key features into stories, working closely with engineers through the software development lifecycle, and facilitating design thinking workshops
- Goal-Focused – you are comfortable managing conflicting priorities and can quickly differentiate between a roadblock and a distraction
- Data-Driven – you rely on data to help make design and prioritization decisions