The Finance Manager will lead day to day finance support of the agency leadership team including client resource planning, pricing, profitability and reporting. A hands on professional who is passionate about their team, clients, and over-delivering in a creative and fast paced environment will excel in this role. Creative agency experience is a plus, but ability to adapt to technology and process improvement is critical.
# Who are we looking for?
You are results and bottom-line oriented, yet will possess deep appreciation and sensitivity towards people, culture, and values. You are thick-skinned and persistent, but at the same time diplomatic and politically aware. You are personable, smart, passionate, and optimistic. You possess a deeply pro-active, hands-on mentality. You hold yourself accountable and take great pride in your work – just like us. We’re proudly diverse in our backgrounds, our accents, and our fiercely held personal passions. We are, in every sense of the word, independent, and not beholden to anyone else’s agenda. So are you.
# What will set you up for success
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance at an agency or similar company
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior leadership within the company as well as client finance and marketing teams
- Strong analytical skills including modeling, reporting, pricing, client scope development, and profitability analysis
- A growth-oriented steward of company resources that provides management options to achieve goals in a cost effective, controlled way
- Experience with client financial reporting systems and the ability to manage to client procurement and related policies
- Ability to think strategically about the business, growth opportunities, and provide rigorous financial and risk analysis around these opportunities
- Ability to help ideate new models and structures for reporting and analysis
Other desired capabilities:
- Strong technology proficiency - ability to support CFO's implementation of Netsuite, Bill.com, FloQast and other financial software and process improvements. Not afraid to disrupt legacy agency processes and tools to build a better mousetrap for clients and internal teams.
- Team player and strong communicator
- Operates with a sense of urgency and rigor
- Understands the capabilities and qualities that makes Translation + UnitedMasters unique and views each decision through the lens of our one company
- FP&A or financial reporting capability clearly demonstrated - ability to take dense information and summarize for management for quick, smart decision making