SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Function Vision Statement: Effective customer engagement leads to and is responsible for driving value consumption which key to achieving continued revenue growth and retention post-sale. The Client Development organization exists as a function to support our customers in realizing success with SAP Concur.
Reporting direct to the General Manager of the LATIN AMERICA and dotted line into the SVP of Global Client Development, the Director, Client Development LATIN AMERICA will drive the consistent execution of the Client Development mission across the LATIN AMERICA region. As the functional leader, this individual will work with each market MD and their respective Client Development teams in support of the attainment of revenue and strategic business objective through the implementation and execution of functional operating frameworks, relationship development, and customer engagement activities that deliver highly satisfied customers with increased adoption of products and services.
- Assure Customers in the Region receive the best value for their investment.
- Build a trusted advisor organization to assure retention and new opportunities within the existing Customer Base
- Be part of the Regional Leadership Team and the liaison with the Sales and Services organization
- Leverage existing SAP Concur client development and operational excellence methods to drive improvements to processes, documents, tools, reports, etc. across LATIN AMERICA
- Work with each market to set clear performance goals and foster an environment of performance and accountability.
- Maximize collaboration with a matrixed ecosystem of available resources to consistently deliver against established goals, revenue, and renewal growth objectives.
- Ensure the right talent is in the right seat, supporting local leadership with personnel adjustments to strengthen operations.
- Establish, grow, train and mentor a team of distributed Client Development professionals and leaders.
- Identify themes in the business for use in strategic analysis and presents opportunities for improvement at the department, product, and/or corporate level.
- Establish and manage a standard set of KPIs across the region for Client Development to: Maximize adoption and utilization within our customer base
- Track retention/renewal rates and minimize churn
- Manage @Risk customers and customer situations
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, and customer satisfaction
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability>Map the customer journey
- Develop listening points in the journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Standardize interventions for each point in the journey
- Define operational and compensation metrics for the team and establish a system for tracking and reporting on them
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and exemplifies the highest standards in teamwork, personal accountability and mutual support.
- Maintains a focus on their individual development and professional growth to set an example for their teams.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree required, higher education (MBA) preferred.
- 7+ years of management experience leading geographically dispersed team measured (at least in part) by client feedback/net promoter ratings.
- 12+ years of experience with demonstrated track record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable, installed base sales environment (SaaS, Cloud, or related software industry highly preferred).
- Executive level strategy, communication, and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize company objectives and meet aggressive deadlines; outstanding team leadership, team development and communication skills.
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills and the ability to establish standard processes, and measures of success for a growing business.
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Business Acumen – demonstrates business/marketplace knowledge (policies, practices, trends, etc.)
- Client Value Creation – demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external clients' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction and excellent results for the client
- Influence – work cross functionally to influence internal and external stakeholder to ensure both our customers and SAP Concur's financial success
- Interpersonal – builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and clients
- Change Management – initiates, manages or participates in the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers and accelerate its pace
- Energy/Drive – exhibits a strong desire to achieve
- Personal/ Professional Effectiveness – demonstrates the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated
- Intelligence – acquires understanding and absorbs new information rapidly
- Planning and Organizing – optimize the use of time and resources to achieve desired results
- Accountability – holds self and others accountable for results
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.