As the Client Development Business Director, you will apply your strategic,analytical and general manager skills to major company challenges. You will lead and team with world-class professionals to manage and grow our relationship with Walmart. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business ownership: Have an ownership mindset, with accountability for day to day management and governance of partnership with Walmart (in coordination with Walmart LOB senior leadership team); portfolio management of strategic investment priorities over 12-18 month horizon; and growth of relationship with Walmart through business development opportunities. .
- Strategic leadership: Develop business strategies that will drive growth, profitability, and competitive success for Capital One in the face of shifting consumer and regulatory behavior. Leverage deep understanding of Capital One's and Walmart's end to end strategy and align investment priorities to drive these forward.
- Execution: Coordinate across the line of business to manage and sequence delivery of business intent, build business requirements and execute against the product strategy. Oversee multiple projects and programs concurrently
- Leadership: Manage and develop a cross-funtional team,, and deliver work both through direct and indirect reports Coaching and mentoring associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive program initiatives and improvements in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation.
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. He/she should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• 10+ years of relevant work experience
• 5+ years of experie working with card payment networks with a record of strong performance
• 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
• 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
• 5+ years of experience in people management
• 5+ years of experience in project management