Client Delivery Executive, Southwest Region
What will you be responsible for, exactly?
- Provide regional Silver Spring executive leadership for all activities related to contracted deployments, including any escalation that might be required. Build and maintain executive level relationships with the clients across the region.
- Assist the assigned Sales Director(s) with closing new logo business in the region.
- Develop and close incremental business within the existing regional customer base.
- Working through the assigned project manager(s), lead the on-going project deployment activities for contracted customers and assist as needed in all phases of deployment of a project. Deployments vary in scope and may include multiple, parallel implementations requiring coordination of various teams from Silver Spring, contractors and the customer, including but not limited to field (RF) engineers, IT staff, supply chain, contracting and finance staff.
- Lead monthly and quarterly business reviews with customers and Silver Spring leadership as part of the project deployment. Ensure that project issues, potential solutions and recommended actions are captured and pursued to completion.
- Must be knowledgeable of project scope and contract requirements, customer union contracts (if applicable), training programs, local and national rules and local radio frequency regulations related to project activities.
A qualified candidate will demonstrate:
- Established leadership, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be able to describe multiple business situations where these skills have been leveraged.
- Must possess above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and concurrent projects. Silver Spring’s networks are in great demand and the CDE must be able to coordinate multiple clients within the region in varying degrees of deployment.
- Ability to have fun while working hard in a demanding, fluid start-up environment.
What you’ve got to bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (electrical or computer science preferred). Equivalent experience may be considered.
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- 8+ years directing large-scale, multi-phase projects, preferably for deployment of telecommunications networks (preferably wireless) and/or enterprise-scale software systems. Experience doing either of these for an investor-owned utility is a plus. Successful “big 4” consulting experience a plus.
- Experience in personal computer operations and use of word processing, project management, spreadsheet programs plus experience with off-the-shelf and special-purpose test programs.
- Ability to travel as much as 50% of the time, principally in region.
- Experience and knowledge of gas, water and electric utility meter reading and related distribution automation technologies is a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a US passport.
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus