The Client Communications Consultant is responsible for providing “best in class” communications and educationsupport for Newport Group’s retirement and executive benefit plan clients and their employees. In this position, the consultant will be responsible for collaborating withsales and client service teams to create and execute communication and education initiatives that enhance the overall client experience and achieve measurable business objectives. Objectives include understanding client needs, identifying participant behaviors and the appropriate application of resources. The Client Communications Consultant will participate in finals presentations, plan implementations and enrollments, annual plan reviews and capable of conducting participant education and open enrollment sessions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research, design, write, and edit client communications programs, using a multi-media approach, i.e., print, electronic, in-person, etc.
- Participate in on-site client and participant presentations including sales presentations, annual plan reviews and participant education meetings.
- Partner withother departments to develop and deliver various types of communications.
- Identifying measurable goals and work with management to track and report results for education and communication campaigns.
- Drive client follow-up on a regular basis, working in collaboration with Newport Group’s client service teams.
- Proactively recommend and new communication and education initiatives based on marketplace observations, participants and client needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the retirement plan or benefits consulting marketplace, with demonstrated expertise across various marketing disciplines including client communications programs.
- Strong attention to detail and experience proofreading and editing.
- Strong PC skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Brainshark.
- Excellent writing and creative skills.
- Knowledge of graphic identity standards.
- Strong presentation skills: Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, the value of products, services and ideas to key audiences.
- Problem solving skills: must be proactive and resourceful and able to exercise sound judgment
- Interpersonal skills: Works well with others: Able to work as a team leader or team member and interact effectively with all levels of employees including senior executives.
- Must be client focused and have excellent client relationship management skills.
- Strong Project management skills: Able to develop and execute project plans. Manage multiple assignments at a time and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of current issues and marketplace trends.
- High degree of personal initiative, dedication and commitment to making the client’s initiative successful and of the highest quality. Must have the ability to accept responsibility for every aspect of assigned work.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.