- Participate in industry sector associations and events to generate leads, cultivate partnerships and gain referrals to achieve sales goals
- Develop referrals and referral sales through existing accounts and client contacts
- Use CMTC sales processes and best practices to generate business, manage delivery, and collect client impacts.
- Attend team meetings and training sessions to build capabilities
- Communicate a strategic vision to CEO’s accompanied by innovative service proposals to show CMTC has the solutions to resolve client problems
- Create strategies to provide an improvement and growth roadmap for proactive accounts
- Establish a reputation as a trusted advisor
- Set and manage client expectations to assure high customer value
- Collaborate with internal team members, managers, delivery partners, and clients
- Embrace CMTC’s team norms and core values
- Document client activity in CMTC’s Client Relationship Management System (e.g., Salesforce)
- Understand how to sell partnership funding programs to eligible clients
- Build teamwork and develop strong communication among team members
- Develop a quarterly plan to achieve goals for clients surveyed, client impact and satisfaction
- Provide client support for CMTC partnership activities (e.g., support for funding proposals, participation on panels, etc.)
- Participate in industry events to promote the CMTC brand (e.g., Manufacturing Day).
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the manufacturing industry is desired.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a professional services firm (Consulting services and/or IT services) selling & client management role
- Demonstrated successful sales process execution
- Understand manufacturing, industry trends, and associated business issues
- Discover personal and corporate change drivers
- Understand the budgeting and corporate decision-making process
- Assess manufacturing client challenges and growth opportunities
- Write effective consulting services proposals.
- Sell based on value proposition rather than price.
- Establish and manage customer expectations
- Manage a diverse portfolio of large and micro-sized manufacturing clients
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, project management & CRM software
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Attend regular meetings at Torrance HQ and other So Cal partner offices and events