Client Account Manager III - Enterprise
The Client Account Manager III sells the organization's products or services and maintains relationships with existing or potential longer sales cycle accounts. Primary responsibilities include expanding and developing accounts and provide customer service and a positive customer experience. Team leader that provides professional leadership and coordination for the team on each account. Accounts are large, highly strategic, and have complex solution requirements. Responsible for the master strategy on strategic accounts and ensures the strategy is executed. Responsible for the development and management of all strategic sales activities in assigned areas to meet Company revenue objectives.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue objectives for a broad array of telecommunications/IT products and services by assisting in the development and execution of strategic sales plans to business customers.
- Sell Alaska Communications products by analyzing customer needs, analyzing and evaluating new services and equipment, determining potential improvements; identifying appropriate Alaska Communications products to meet needs, developing pricing, presenting to customer; closing and ensuring sales are properly executed and billed
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with customers to ensure the Company continues to meet customers' telecommunications needs and maximizes associated revenue and profits, to include resolving service, product and billing issues; anticipating the changing telecommunications needs and matching with appropriate products and apprising customers of new products and providing recommendations.
- Manage relationships with all assigned accounts for the purpose of maintaining current revenue streams, and capitalizing on new revenue opportunities.
- Have thorough understanding of customer markets, growth opportunities, business processes, and strategies. Have a competent knowledge of Alaska Communications products and services and Alaska Communications competitive advantage. Uses this knowledge to present tailored business solutions to facilitate attainment of revenue, account retention and product sales targets.
- Target strategic accounts for business development. Develop leads for potential customers through community events, professional organizations, professional contacts and other appropriate means.
- Prepare estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs. Negotiate details of contracts and payments, and prepare sales contracts and order forms.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings in order to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal employees. Takes a leadership role to improve processes that will enhance customer satisfaction and/or increase company profitably.
- Prepare analysis of accounts for management as scheduled or requested. Identify opportunities, competitive threats and industry trends.
- Consistently update detailed customer profiles, sales activities and contact information.
- Perform other duties as assigned and complete projects not specified in this job description.
- Customer Focused - Keeping customer interests paramount and providing a positive customer experience is key to success achieved through a commitment to customer service that creates customer loyalty and retention.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a products, services, or ideas.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to quickly learn and use complex systems and applications.
- Business Acumen -- Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues, effective at decision making, able to forecast sales accurately and analyze financial information.
- Communications skills -- Ability to communicate (written/verbal/aural) with a high degree of professionalism.
- Assertiveness -- Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to professionally defend a position or idea.
Bachelordegree in Business Administration, Marketing, or closely related field. Equivalent education, experience and training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year for year basis plus four (4) years of progressive sales experience to include selling products/services to mid/major sized business customers. Experience in the following areas may be substituted on a year for year basis. Sales Team Management experience, Profit and Loss Management experience, Technical Product/Sales Training and Vendor Relationship Management may be substituted on a year for year basis. One (1) year or more of telecommunications experience. Demonstrated proficiency working with the Microsoft Office suite, to include Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Sales Force proficiency preferred. Valid driver's license is required.