As part of our market-focused global strategy, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced Client Account Director to join our global consulting firm to lead one of ERM's key client accounts in the Oil & Gas sector (TC Energy) and become a true owner and shareholder in a highly profitable business and the world's largest pure-play provider of environmental, health, and safety consulting services.
We are looking for a client-facing leader who is interested in being part of this thriving global community – an outstanding professional who combines strong consulting, strategic account management, and business development skills – to drive sustained long-term, profitable growth of ERM's business with the key client and its subsidiaries. As ERM's steward of this account, you will be responsible for developing trusted advisor relationships with key client business executives and stakeholders, and serve as the face of ERM to the client.
ERM'S MIDSTREAM / PIPELINE OIL & GAS BUSINESS:
We work with midstream oil and gas companies to bring sustainable solutions to their challenges, so that they can process, transport, store, and trade oil and gas for their clients.
We help midstream companies in North America succeed through our unique diversity of resources, which includes:
Capital project support
Ensuring capital projects in the pipeline and LNG sectors are completed on time and on budget is the essential goal of ERM's capital project support effort. We combine traditional technical skills in permitting with non-traditional stakeholder engagement skills and other ERM skillsets to make this happen. ERM research documents that non-technical risk is the greatest threat to a successful project.
The rapidly changing landscape of North America's midstream sector is creating an unprecedented buildup of both environmental compliance and safety obligations. ERM's experience shows there is money to be saved by helping corporations reach their environmental, health and safety performance potential. Consistent with other critical business processes, our experience is that developing thoughtful approaches to these new obligations is the key to success. We categorize and simplify obligations in easy-to-track registers and build systems to manage these registers that result in real cost savings for clients.
Aging asset response
There are miles and miles of aging pipelines in North America. ERM has a unique bundle of services that our clients have found to be very valuable in addressing the challenges and reducing the risks created by aging infrastructure. We combine pipeline inspection and maintenance programs with the ability to rapidly respond to any contaminated lands. We also provide a decommissioning, decontamination and demolition team that focuses on risk mitigation and safety as key elements of successful projects.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a leading global environmental consultancy. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our Partnership model offers unparalleled financial and career opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization;
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards;
- The ability to provide "thought leadership" on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets; and
- An extension of ERM's market position and reach with your established client relationships to further drive our growth.
The preferred office location for this position is Houston, TX or Calgary, AB; other NA locations may be considered.
Work closely with ERM's North America Oil & Gas Market Leader, Oil & Gas sector team, Business Unit Managing Partners and local Partners to manage and expand ERM's business with the key client and its subsidiaries.
Account Leadership & Client Strategy
- Primary focus on leading the key client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM's consulting services to deliver strategic value to meet the needs of the key client. Major capital project program development management, including project definition, siting, assessment, permitting strategies and application development, data management, construction and operation support;
- Planning and permitting for oil & gas siting/development;
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) operational performance, including compliance, risk evaluation and support for safety, management systems, audit and assurance, and sustainability reporting;
- Asset decommissioning and land use planning;
- Corporate EHS risk management identification and solution option leadership; and
- Transaction services for mergers & acquisitions.
- Implementing the ERM Way of account management, actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with the key client organization.
- Provide business value at each level of the key client organization. Consistently identify, support and manage the client needs and expectations, raising the awareness of and profile building of ERM's capabilities from the Executive Management strategy and risk management to the facility-specific compliance needs. Establish the ERM team as a solution-oriented partner within the key client organization to identify and explore the needs and provide solutions for the broad spectrum of ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding and expertise to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Provide, develop and maintain a robust understanding of the key client's businesses, organization, programs and processes, as well as a comprehensive understanding of those critical business trends that may drive priorities, key needs and those drivers that the key client may deem as most valuable.
- Develop strategy and action plan(s) focused on the key client's key geographies, service needs, and that facilitates growth in ERM's business with the key client.
- Develop clear, concise key client business planning, client mapping and facilitate ERM team ownership of and ERM branding within each aspect of the key client strategic, tactical and fiscal goals and objectives.
- Personally perform face-to-face engagements with key senior-level individuals (i.e., Executive Management) and key client business unit interfaces (face-to-face visits and presentations).
- Ensure that contract access is established (and expanded) for key areas of service and geographies and that contract terms and requirements are identified and maintained.
Team Building, Alignment & Collaboration
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM's global business, as well as to support the key client and project teams.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance key client team, serving as a leader and mentor to Partners and Senior Consultants.
- Support a successful Key Client Team in each of the key client geographies and/or across key businesses and leveraged (expanded as necessary) and positioned for long-term success of the account.
- Ensure that the Key Client Team works together seamlessly to identify synergies and high value services, and executes those services in a value added manner.
- Ensure that the Key Client Team collaborates in a highly successful fashion to include the use of ERM's Salesforce (including Chatter Groups), Intranet (Minerva), cadence calls/meetings, and interaction with the ERM Commercial, Operations and Technical Communities.
- Identify emerging talent (internal to ERM and potential external hires) and support each to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
Sales / Operational & Service Excellence
- Contribute to leadership and management of major programs and projects for the key client. Understand the key client needs and explore innovative, "out-of-the box" discussions to drive ERM as a trusted partner and strategic thought leader.
- Drive innovation to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Provide "hands-on" leadership and support for contract negotiations and large proposal efforts.
- Engage the key client stakeholders in periodic reviews of ERM's service performance and provide feedback to the ERM Key Client Team and ERM stakeholders to ensure continuous service excellence, including supporting accurate scope and schedule and materials requirements of proposal submissions and avoiding and resolving service performance issues.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- BS/MS in engineering, safety, science, business, or related degree.
- 15+ years' progressive experience in either a consulting environment or working substantially in the Oil & Gas sector.
- In-depth understanding of the Oil & Gas Sector and oil & gas client organizations, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Demonstrable track record in strategic account management delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects and developing trusted advisor relationships within O&G client organizational structures, particularly with TC Energy.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Strong communication and organization skills; results-oriented and relationship savvy.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.