As part of our market-focused global strategy, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced Client Account Director to join our global consulting firm to lead one of ERM's global key accounts with tremendous growth potential in the Technology industry. This position will participate as a key member on the Technology market team.
We are looking for a client-facing leader who is interested in being part of ERM's thriving global community – an outstanding professional who combines strong consulting, strategic account management, and business development skills – to drive sustained long-term, profitable growth of ERM's Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHSS) business with the key client. As ERM's steward of this account, you will be responsible for developing trusted advisor relationships with key client business executives and stakeholders, and serve as the face of ERM to the client.
This is a Partner-Level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a leading global environmental consultancy. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our Partnership model offers unparalleled financial and career opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization;
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards;
- The ability to provide "thought leadership" on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets; and
- An extension of ERM's market position and reach with your established client relationships to further drive our growth.
Preferred office location is in the Greater Los Angeles Area, or San Francisco Bay Area.
Work closely with ERM's Senior Partner for the North American Technology Market, Business Unit Managing Partners and local Partners to manage and expand ERM's business with the key client across its various operations.
Account Leadership & Client Strategy
- Primary focus on leading the key client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM's EHSS consulting services to deliver strategic value to meet the needs of the key client.
- Implementing the ERM Way of Account Management, actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with the key client organization.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Drive innovation to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding and expertise to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Develop strategy and action plan(s) focused on the key client's key geographies, service needs, and that facilitates growth in ERM's business with the key client.
- Develop clear, concise the key client business planning, client mapping and facilitate ERM team ownership of and ERM branding within each aspect of the key client strategic, tactical and fiscal goals and objectives.
- Personally perform face-to-face engagements with key senior-level individuals (i.e., Executive Management) and key client business unit interfaces (face-to-face visits and presentations).
- Ensure that contract access is established (and expanded) for key areas of service and geographies and that contract terms and requirements are identified and maintained.
- Engage the key client key stakeholders in periodic reviews of ERM's service performance and provide feedback to the ERM key client team and stakeholders to ensure continuous service excellence, including supporting accurate scope and schedule and materials requirements of proposal submissions and avoiding and resolving service performance issues.
Team Building, Alignment & Collaboration
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM's global business, as well as to support the key client and project teams.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance the key client team, serving as a leader and mentor to Partners and Senior Consultants.
- Support a successful key client team in each of the key client geographies and/or across key businesses and leveraged (expanded as necessary) and positioned for long-term success of the account.
- Ensure that the key client team works together seamlessly to identify synergies and high value services, and executes those services in a value added manner.
- Ensure that the key client team collaborates in a highly successful fashion to include the use of ERM's Salesforce, intranet, cadence calls/meetings, and interaction with the ERM commercial, operations, and technical communities.
- Identify emerging talent (internal to ERM and potential external hires) and support each to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- BS/MS in engineering, safety, science, business, or related degree.
- 10+ years' progressive experience in either a consulting environment or working substantially with Technology/Internet Media and Services firms and/or Digital Content Production.
- In-depth understanding of multi-national Fortune 100 organizations, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Demonstrable track record in strategic account management delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects and developing trusted advisor relationships within multi-national client organizational structures.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Strong communication and organization skills; results-oriented and relationship savvy.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.