Responsible for all production activities in a cleanroom environment. This includes direct supervision of all production personnel ensuring all quality and safety procedures are followed and that manufacturing output results are achieved.
- Train, coach and motivate staff. Execute disciplinary action of personnel when necessary.
- Plan work assignments based on schedule to ensure maximum uptime of the area and assist in the assembly process where necessary.
- Respond to quality issues, material shortages and equipment malfunctions and find solutions to each.
- Ensure quality and safety procedures are followed and goals are met on a consistent basis; ensure all cleanroom guidelines are strictly followed.
- Ensure all cleanroom prep work is properly completed by self and staff.
- Review the manufacturing process and final output pieces to ensure all steps have been completed.
- Maintain accurate production and inventory records to ensure accuracy and traceability.
- Develop manufacturing protocols for assemblies consistent with the requirements from the Engineering department.
- Interface with other departments as required ensuring all department and company goals are achieved.
- Oversee production workers by inspecting their work; ensures orders are completed, inspected, tested, packed, and shipped on time and that all work is completed in accordance with the company’s quality guidelines, corporate safety program and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain all production equipment ensuring that regular maintenance requirements are completed and documented according to the company’s operating procedures; report any malfunctions to management and makes recommendations for problem resolution.
- Ensure that materials required for production are available; orders additional materials when needed.
- Notify management if production schedules cannot be met and recommends a change in priorities.
- Develop and implement operating procedures designed to reduce operating inefficiencies or problems and to improve product quality.
- Evaluate and implement process improvement activities while following appropriate change control requirements.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Must be able to lift 50lbs minimum
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years applicable experience in assembly/fabrication
- At least 3 years of cleanroom experience