The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
As a Class 1 Rail Facilities Leader for Jacobs, you would get to work with the #2 ranked rail transportation engineering firm in the world. You would have the support from our industry esteemed global transportation technology and our regional transportation solution leaders to help with your success. The position is primarily responsible for directing and managing the quality of "Class 1" rail infrastructure engineering projects and related activities.
- Be responsible for the quality of engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for engineering projects.
- Provide effective project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of complex and/or multiple projects to ensure that goals and/or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframe and funding parameters.
- Establish work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each project phase and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Manage, ensure and enhance project quality by providing ideas and suggestions aimed at improving the effectiveness of project activities.
- Perform sales activities including client development, proposal and qualifications development, and interviews.
- Direct and coordinate activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Initiate and review proposals. Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable.
- Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
- Serves as a representative of Jacobs at client meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects and to ensure expectations are identified and met.
- Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
- Identifies causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client.
- Assures the project team complies with contract agreements, and exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Develop scope and fee documents.
- Oversee quality execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering is required; Master's degree is preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required
- 20 + years of progressive experience in Class 1 Railroad project/construction management is required
- Experience with management of large and complex transit/rail projects
- Knowledge and experience of Railroad, AREMA, Federal and State transportation regulations and standards are required
- Proven business development experience is required
- Solid history of successful project and client management
- Extensive experience with client relationships and mentoring junior staff
- Prior suitable experience Manager, Director, Group Leader, and/or Vice President / VP
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.