Top technical level specializing in a Line of Business (Financial Lines and Liability) and supporting each Claims Segment by reviewing claim files, providing reports and working to improve overall claims department file quality. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for a specific LoB (Financial Lines) including, analyzing trends, identifying problems and developing action plans to address concerns.
- Claims Strategy and Handling
- Establishment and maintenance of Claims Quality Assurance review process for designated line of business within Region.
- Assist with the execution of local Claims strategy for designated line of business for the Region.
- Collaborate with Claim management, claims legal, and other claims product teams to develop strategies and business plans to reduce claim cost/expenses
- Claims Targets
- Assist with driving the achievement of financial targets (e.g. full combined ratio) and contribute to annual target setting for claims Responsible for providing Claims Quality Assurance Director with regular updates regarding Quality Assurance metrics and trends.
- Seek guidance from Region Claims Head on issues that will have an impact on the region and Company.
- Claims Approach and Compliance
- Ensure claim handling consistency and discipline through management of the claims file review process in accordance with corporate and local claims guidelines.
- Support Claims Leadership Team through regular reporting of quality assurance results and trends.
- Regularly evaluate Quality Assurance Review program to ensure focus on strategic business objectives.
- Referrals and Compliance
- Ensure all claims handled within authority limits, and in line with AGCS Claims procedures and guidelines.
- Undertake audits of internal adjusters and external service providers as appropriate. Coordinate resources to respond to internal and external auditor requests. Respond to regulatory data reporting requests as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree, JD preferred
- Significant experience (minimum of c. 5 years) in Claims or Process Improvement management position.
- Proven ability to facilitate change effectively
- Significant experience handling Financial Lines claims and other professional liability/e&o claims experience.
- Understanding of legal and regulatory framework
- Leadership. Ability to establish, drive and implement strategies, policies and procedures that support assign claim operations; as well as the ability to assess exposures and mitigate expenses for multiple lines of business
- Claim Management: Manage the claims for LoB, monitor claims exposure and reserves; Analyze trends and scenario to develop and implement claim handling best practices.
- Process Improvement: Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement quality process improvement initiatives
- Market Management: Apply the knowledge of how the market operates and functions, the business needs and customer needs
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze highly complex data, from multiple sources, in detail; identify and resolve issues before they transpire.
- Strategic Planning: Ability to develop, implement and communicate strategies to address important trends or changes in the business
- Stakeholder Management: Ability to develop and positively influence key, strategic position holders across locations and functions
This position can be located in other cities.
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us. Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is a leading global corporate insurance carrier and a key business unit of Allianz Group. We provide risk consultancy, Property-Casualty insurance solutions and alternative risk transfer for a wide spectrum of commercial, corporate and specialty risks across 10 dedicated lines of business.