The Unit Manager has joint responsibility with the Vice President for technical supervision, training and continued development of claims personnel, in addition to handling a personal diary.
- Train unit personnel in the areas of claims investigation, reserving, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement.
- Assure compliance with departmental policies and practices concerning file creation, documentation and report preparation. Report preparation includes large/severe claims reports, and file memos.
- Train examiners/superintendents to properly conduct an accurate, comprehensive coverage analysis.
- Consult with Underwriting regarding policy construction and underwriting intent, etc.
- Create and maintain an override diary.
- Perform file reviews as required.
- Participate in WRBC Claims quality audits as needed
- Participate in marketing calls/visits as needed
- Attend industry related seminar workshops and/or courses for continuing education
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, and a minimum of 7 years claims experience to include supervisory responsibilities.
- Focus on Commercial General Liability lines of business.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Creativity and problem solving abilities are essential.
- Must have the proper combination of analytical ability and flexibility.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must be available for 10% travel.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.