Claims Manager - Homeowners
Our client is an A+ rated company and are rapidly expanding their footprint throughout the US. They are currently seeking a talented and innovative Homeowners Claims Manager who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The Homeowners Claims Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of homeowner desk and field adjusters handling property and liabilityclaims throughout the United States.
- Supervise homeowner staff, participate in the selection of new personnel and develop training processes and procedures
- Properly assigning claims to the homeowner team based upon territory and complexity
- Implement objectives to ensure adequate reserving and adjust claims in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop policies, procedures, and performance metrics for the homeowner team
- Manage and coordinate independent field adjusting firms, in house field adjusters and desk adjusters in the handling of claims assigned
- Provide technical guidance and direction on homeowner claims
- Motivate and develop team members to excel in claims customer service
- Ensure regulatory compliance and usage of claim best practices, while meeting targets for service, loss mitigation, productivity and expense management
- Provide guidance to the homeowner team on interpretation of coverage issues and drafting of coverage letters
- Keep current of changes in the laws and regulations in the homeowner area and assist in implementing these changes within the department
- Ability to manage outside vendors and ensure that results are meeting our standards and objectives.
- At least 5+ years of homeowners adjusting experience
- Must have experience managing homeowner adjusters
- Experience with Xactimate
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to attract, retain and develop staff and promote teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.