Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
- Identifying and evaluating coverage issues, preparing comprehensive coverage letters and analysis, retaining and managing coverage counsel through trial, and developing and managing strategy for complex coverage litigation;
- Evaluating exposure through an in-depth analysis of legal and factual issues, retaining and managing litigation counsel through trial, developing and managing strategy for complex litigation;
- Attending arbitrations, mediations, trials;
- Negotiating settlements;
- Preparing litigation budgets and reviewing legal bills;
- Presenting litigation strategy for complex litigation to senior claims management and underwriting staff
- Support business leaders on an as needed basis on various claim and underwriting related issues and marketing meetings.
- Ability to handle demanding caseload and business support;
- Approximately 6 to 8years claims and/or legal experience in the EPL area including evaluating and resolving complex matters;
- Law degreepreferred;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills