We are looking for Claims Customer Service Representative for our client in Alton, IL
Job Title: Claims Customer Service Representative
Job Location: Alton, IL
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Performs as required day-to-day customer service claims activities, including repair claims processing via call handling, mail handling of incoming repair contractor invoices, account maintenance, file documentation, problem resolution, reporting and claims follow-up activities.
- The job requires flexibility to work weekends and/or evenings via a rotating schedule (non-traditional schedule).
- Previous claims experiencepreferred.
- Receive inbound claims calls from customers related to services provided.
- Remain accessible to achieve appropriate problem resolution.
- Clarify the needs of the customer, answer customer inquiries, and assist in the resolution of concerns.
- Document customer contacts and claims as appropriate. Maintain a courteous and knowledgeable appearance to the customer.
- Handle difficult calls and avoid escalation whenever possible.
- Be receptive to performance feedback and continuously seek to improve own skills.
- Exercise good judgment in the assignment of contractors.
- Maintain a high level of application, process, and water and sewer utility knowledge.
- Continuously improve call handling skills, systems knowledge, communications skills and software knowledge, enhancing customer service levels.
- Identify and relay to Supervisor areas for improvement within the customer inquiry and concern resolution processes.
- Provide exceptional service to the customer that meets or exceeds all service level agreements.
- Support and sustain a positive environment that fosters team performance and individual excellence.
- Maintain adherence to all policies, procedures, programs, standards of performance and approved business objectives including those involving affirmative action, communications, community relations, human resources, labor relations, health and safety, and security.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organization, communication and problem-resolution skills.
- Ability to present information or respond to inquiries from groups of managers, associates, customers and contractors.
- Skill utilizing on-line internal systems and web-based software preferred; aptitude to learn these skills quickly acceptable.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Proficiency utilizing MS Office applications and Lotus Notes.
- Must be able to work non-traditional, rotating work schedule.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent and two (2) years experience in related business environment.
- Two (2) years experience in related business environment.