At EMC, you'll put your skills to good use as an important member of our team. You can count on gaining valuable experience while contributing to the company's success. EMC strives to hire and retain the best people by engaging, developing and rewarding employees.
- This position may work remotely
- Manages all coverage referrals
- Assigns coverage referrals to appropriate team member and reviews completed coverage opinions
- Evaluates and monitors service and cost effectiveness of coverage unit
- Completes complex coverage opinions to maintain outstanding service to the branch claims operations
- Manages development of coverage training programs for all branch offices
- Collaborates with Claims, Underwriting, and Marketing teams to educate agents on claim services and coverages offered by EMC
- Performs supervisory duties
Education & Experience:
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Bar admission in at least one state
- Eight years of experience in insurance claims coverage litigation or related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of legal liability and coverage
- Proven knowledge of insurance contracts, medical terminology, and legal aspects of court procedures affecting legal liability for all lines of insurance
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving abilities
- Occasional travel; a valid driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle report per company standards will be required if traveling
Our employment practices are in accord with the laws which prohibit discrimination due to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
All of our locations are tobacco free including in company vehicles.