Develop, administer and oversee a regulatory compliance program focused on identifying, resolving and mitigating regulatory compliance risks arising out of the Claims operations. Consult and coordinate internally with Claims to promote optimal awareness and understanding of state and federal regulatory requirements applicable to the handling of claims. Develop and maintain a proactive audit program designed to identify and resolve regulatory compliance exposures arising out of Claims and to test and validate the sufficiency of controls and field execution of claims handling from a regulatory compliance viewpoint. Manage a team of compliance professionals in support of these responsibilities.
- Analyze Claims compliance risks and exposures, both internal and external to Esurance, and prioritize and develop an internal audit plan to assess regulatory compliance risks arising out of the operations of Claims.
- Develop, define and implement a regulatory compliance audit program designed to test and validate regulatory compliance in or processes and field execution within our Claims operation.
- Work collaboratively with Claims, Corporate Claims Audit, Legal, Training and other internal units, as appropriate, to proactively promote awareness, understanding and calibration around regulatory compliance requirements applicable to Claims.
- Develop and execute initiatives designed to identify gaps in controls and/or execution of regulatory requirements arising out of the Claims operations; consult and make recommendations to resolve identified gaps.
- Participate, review and/or consult with Claims to provide guidance on regulatory compliance requirements in connection with development of Claims initiatives.
- Track, coordinate and report on internal compliance audit findings for internal distribution to management.
- Manage relationships with various compliance vendors applicable to this role.
- Participate in the establishment of departmental goals and implement procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals; manages, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities of assigned staff.
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling and discipline of assigned associates.
- nded periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims-related applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of civil procedures on local, state and federal court rules.
- Demonstration subject matter knowledge in all areas of automobile insurance claims handling with the ability to review, direct, and handle the full spectrum of claims process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex coverage issues, policy interpretation, exposure recognition and multi-jurisdictional liability determination.
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time or as needed.
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, a related field, and/or equivalent education.
- Seven or more years of automobile insurance claims handling and 4 years auditing experience.
- Three or more years of people management experience preferred.