Claims Complex Director - Severity
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider.
We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG International Casualty NY Home Office Claims department.
Claims at AIG are a combination of different functions, business divisions such as Life & Retirement and General Insurance, and Global Claims, which makes us unique at AIG.
Our specialized functions are delivering on AIG's promise to our customers, our clients, our shareholders, and each other. Thanks to our global network of highly-skilled professionals, we can mobilize experts from around the world to provide reliable, responsive claims service wherever and whenever our clients need it.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
- This position involves day to day claims handing including analyzing and taking positions on coverage at both the local and home office level and communicating those positions to internal management as well as the external brokers, and customers.
- Effectively manage 10-15 mid-sized to large U.S. based international accounts and assist our foreign offices with questions raised by their insureds on U.S. losses.
- Complete claim reports under tight deadlines and relay that information to the customer upon request.
What we are looking for
- Experience attending and controlling trials, as well as, negotiate cases with the adverse parties, draft settlement documents, and manage daily financial transactions.
- As the Technical Claims Coordinator, you will participate in multiple claim reviews and stewardship meetings throughout the year either via telephone or in person with Account Managers, Customers, Underwriters and Brokers.
- 5 - 7 years of general casualty background, foreign language skills and/or a legal background.