The claims attorney is responsible for the management and direction of claims and litigation involving legal questions of coverage, liability and damages.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
• Strong working knowledge of the rules of evidence, civil procedure, and motions practice
• 3-5 years of legal experience as an attorney required for consideration of any application
• Experience with insurance bad faith preferred
• The ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
• Ability to manage a volume practice
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with LexisNexis and Excel
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
$105K - $125K
$150K - $250K