Claims Analyst I
ABOUT THIS POSITION
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Develop, maintain, and distribute trend reports related to departmental/company performance. Primarily focuses on historical trend analysis and reporting.
*1. Utilizes ETL software to gather & analyze data.
*2. Provides trend-based and ad hoc reports to specific business units.
*3. Designs, generates, and maintains standardized and ad hoc management reporting.
*4. Communicates with external vendors to obtain data needed for analyses.
5. Assists team members with data exploration and root-cause (RCA) analyses.
*6. Protects consumer, customer, and company data and ensures compliance with relevant regulations including privacy laws and best practices.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
*8. Regular predictable attendance and adherence to work schedules required.
INTERNAL: Employees at all levels.
EXTERNAL: Vendors, agents, customers, law enforcement, and others.
Claims Analyst I, August 2015
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Information Systems, or Social Science is required. Four (4) years of experience in insurance, IT, or financial sector may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
2. Above average attention to detail and verbal and written communication skills.
3. Strong PC/software skills required. Experience working with relational databases and statistical modeling software (e.g. SAS, SPSS, etc.) is preferred.
SPECIAL DEMANDS OR WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Requires up to 8 hours of stationary work per day including constant use of mouse and keyboard.
2. Work is often performed under the pressure of strict deadlines.
3. Work hours and schedule will vary depending on projects.
4. Some overnight travelrequired.