We are looking for a motivated Claims Advocate with a focus on Commercial Auto claims. This person will join a team of experienced claims professionals and will investigate and settle claims to provide the best possible claim outcome and employ best efforts to ensure that the customers’ interests are protected.
What You'll Do:
- Manages, investigates, and resolve commercial Auto claims (may include general liability claims)
- Investigates and evaluates coverage, liability, damages, and settles claims within prescribed authority levels.
- Recommends ultimate resolution on assigned cases in excess of their authority to local claims management.
- Evaluate insurance coverage based on claims reports, the insurance policy and applicable statutes and case law to determine if a claim can be accepted as being within coverage.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims, refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary, and advise as to proper course of action. Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- Comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements of all applicable jurisdictions.
- Meet detailed quality assurance standards and meet set goals of performance
- Identifies potential suspicious claims and refers to SIU and identifies opportunities for third party subrogation
What We Need:
- 4-6 years of experience handling commercial or personal auto claims
- Knowledge of coverage, liability, auto repair estimates, and claims handling procedures.
- Strong customer service skills as demonstrated in listening and the ability to show empathy
- Strong written and oral communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills.
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree and at least 2+ years of related experience.
- Candidates must have, or be able to promptly obtain a Texas Independent Adjuster License