Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American Financial Institution Services (FIS Division) specializes in providing risk management, fee income and product enhancement programs to vehicle lenders and lessors, commercial equipment lenders and mortgage lenders throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Target clients include commercial banks, credit unions, finance companies, buy-here pay-here dealers and leasing and rental concerns.
The FIS Division is currently searching for a Claim Specialist / Senior Claim Specialist with experience handling property claims.
- Investigates and maintains Residential/Commercial Property Claims.
- Reviews and evaluates coverage.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- May affect settlements and reserves within prescribed limits and submits recommendations to management on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claim payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statues, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- May lead the work of others and provide technical advice to other functional areas within the Division (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews assignments)..
- Successfully completes all required licensing and coursework/education as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 6 to 10+ years of property claims handling experience. Field adjusting experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with commercial property forms is required.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of PCs, computer software and commonly used insurance concepts, practices, and procedures.
- This position requires a high skill level in planning and organization, as well as written and verbal communications.
- Continued professional development and licensing is required. The AIC, CPCU, SCLA, and other insurance related designations are highly regarded.
- Ability to manage and control independent adjusters, experts and outside counsel as necessary.